ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying bumper/door trim and bullets

Blue Clio
I have a nautical blue 1.2 Clio and want to spray the black door trim etc.

1. Can I spray over the original black plastic to have the same smooth effect as on the body of my car?

2. I want to spray the door bullets to the same silver colour as the CS bullets, does anyone know what colour code/name this is?

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
1. Can I spray over the original black plastic to have the same smooth effect as on the body of my car?
yes but it will have to be flattened down first and properly prepd and primed

2. I want to spray the door bullets to the same silver colour as the CS bullets, does anyone know what colour code/name this is?
doubt this has got a code/name tbh

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
I have a nautical blue 1.2 Clio and want to spray the black door trim etc.

i'm no expert but i'd say you'll have to sand the plastic to get a final smooth finish................sand, primer x 2 or 3 coats, fine sand, paint x 2 or 3 coats, fine sand then a few coats of laquer, think you can fine sand the final coat of laquer and then give it a good polish

You've got two options to get it perfectly smooth, either:

Sand them down until there's no texture left before you paint them

OR

Give them quite a few coats of primer, sand it down, if it still feels textured give it another few coats and repeat until it feels completely smooth after sanding.

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
Give them quite a few coats of primer, sand it down, if it still feels textured give it another few coats and repeat until it feels completely smooth after sanding.

yeh thats one way but just dont repeat it too many times, or else you can end up with big flat spots and not realise until you put on the glossy laquer

Honda civic ep2 05
Just did my badges, bullets and bump strips for first time ever painting

I just worked down through the different grades sand paper 400-1500 wet and dry until i got rid of the hated dimple effect then added 2 coats primer re flattened then another cost flattened using 1200 and then painted lacquered.
Result wasn't to bad i don't think for first attempt and they still need buffed.
SDC10134-1.jpg

SDC10136.jpg

Black Gold Trophy
sand the texture off first, use 240, 400, 600, 800 and if you want a realy good shine 1200. Its a lot of work but if you dont sand the texture off before painting, it will look crap and you will wish that you had bothered

1.2 dynamique TCE
i know this is an old post but anybody still about?

is there anywhere you can take them to get done because im a complete novice and will mess it up

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Body shops will take you for a ride on this. It's very simple to do yourself and with such a small area to spray you can do a decent job with rattle cans.

Go with the primer/sand down/primer again method. Works well. And also the sport bullets aren't painted(think they're conditioned to look silver), just search eBay for 16v dynamique door bullets. Some of the dynam models came with silver trims.

1.2 dynamique TCE
Body shops will take you for a ride on this. It's very simple to do yourself and with such a small area to spray you can do a decent job with rattle cans.

Go with the primer/sand down/primer again method. Works well. And also the sport bullets aren't painted(think they're conditioned to look silver), just search eBay for 16v dynamique door bullets. Some of the dynam models came with silver trims.
is there a video of how to do this?