ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sports cats!

clio 172
Hi all,
After a sports cat for my ph2 172. It's the twin sensor one, Anyone know of any options for me to get one from as my current cat is empty and mot is only a few months away!
cheers.

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
From what i've read, the oem cats are bloody good wrt sports cats (correct me if i;m wrong) but if yours is knackered it's probs cheaper to get a sports job. I think ktec do a good mailorder item...

clio 172
Was thinking ktec but didn't know if anyone had any experience with it, Put on my scorpion cat back stainless system yesterday at work, shined torch down the cat and it was EMPTY! It can still pass a mot if it reads within the limits but doubtful as it smells quite petroly

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
Yeh, sounds like fun!

From what I know, the OEM cat is bloody good and I also know that KTec are a good mail order company, not so great on the whole customer service/solution selling side.

BMW 130i
I picked up a second hand SS K-Tec sports cat off eBay, it was from the Ph1 so I had to weld a 2nd Lambda boss on. Picked it up for £100, bargain if you ask me, sailed through the MOT test as well. Slight increase in exhaust noise, couldn't say I felt the difference directly.