ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sports Cat...

mini cooper (RIP 172)
if its for your 182 dont bother;)

the cat on them are already as good as you will get!

so it's decat or std:D

(172's cats are not and benfit from sports cats)

LY182. Golf GT TDI 195.
ah I see. Thanks for the advice m8. I don't think I want a decat, as I can't be botherd with the hassel come MOT time and the light on the dash.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
^^ yer same here, ive got a sports cat for my 172, but it'll only be as good as ur std 182 one:eek:

BMW M3
I had a Janspeed sports cat. Never really noticed a performance difference other then maybe it was more free reving... but then with the std it seemed torque'ier.... so no idea.

It was too loud for me anyway and caused my emissions light to come on so sold it.

T

thecremeegg

173football-cat.jpg

if its for your 182 dont bother;)

the cat on them are already as good as you will get!

so it's decat or std:D

(172's cats are not and benfit from sports cats)

Not strictly true, the standard cat on the 182 clio may be 200 cells, the same as say a Janspeed sports cat but thats about it.

The actual cat length on the original 182 cats is twice the length compared to the Janspeed, it also weighs some three to four times as much.

DSC_0042-1.jpg

Even though both claim to be 200 cells the cell structure on the Janspeed is larger.

DSC_0052.jpg

The trouble with the Janspeed sports cat and the reason people say there is little or no change in performance when fitted is because of the terrible design of the piping diameter where it connects to the rest of the system. And then to make matters worse they then added the senor plug there.

DSC_0044.jpg

To get round this problem I recently had my old Janspeed sports cat re-manufactured at Mark Fish Motorsport. Performance wise I can't tell any difference from my previous GDI de-cat pipe, with only the noise being a wee bit quieter.

DSC_0063.jpg

Although not really a cheap option. But now I'm 100% legal again!

I have a decat stainless exhaust system and no lights light up on dash.

And had it on for months :)

Dunno what i've gained from it though

a thirsty one
i fitted a yozza decat to my btb system yesterday and im quite please, on idle its the same and its only really under load is it any louder.

not as loud as some systems i have ran with decats on previous cars im pleased and the yozza was a great fit.

LY182. Golf GT TDI 195.
Is anyone running a decat and a miltek back section? If so any chance of a vid or audio clip?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
ive hads a k-tec sports cat which is a janspeed for over 3 years and had no trouble with warning lights or passing mot's.

a thirsty one
correction to my last post, once its all nice and hot at motorway speeds 70-80 even using cruise control it is a little louder than i would like, thankfully the missus has a new clio diesel so any motorway journeys we use that, but worth considering. normal town driving de cats are ace, lot of motorway miles? dont do it. just my opinion though.

ps still no dash lights.

Last edited:
A

ajb1986ajb

how loud are sports cats? ive had to get a whole new cat-back & cat converter - went for standard exhaust because it will hold its re-sale value (also ive had a sports exhaust before, too much trouble with boy racers & the old bill).....would a sport cat be a lot noiser than the standard cat?

& does anyone know whether the KTR or JanSpeed cats are quieter?

(i know someone said JanSpeed make both or something but they look different: JanSpeed, KTR)

Thanks