ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sports Cat advice

Titanium 182
got a 2nd had ktr sports cat off a member on here was all great until MOT time when it failed miserably on emissions. turns out it was the sports cat all along so had the standard put in and passed. now ive got the sports back on now but wondering as its effectivly a decat should i remove the lambda sensor like people do with a decat? i guess it being in will be affecting my performance as its reading dirty air or am i wrong there?

PH2 Flamer
I was told my car had a sports cat, turned out to be a decat.

Looked like this...
u4y7a3e4.jpg

Mine never has any trouble with the KTR sports cat. I must have had it on at least 3 years now.

I wouldn't worry about the lambda. If the light hasn't come on after a few hundred miles it probably won't. My light never came on even with a decat.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
got a 2nd had ktr sports cat off a member on here was all great until MOT time when it failed miserably on emissions. turns out it was the sports cat all along so had the standard put in and passed. now ive got the sports back on now but wondering as its effectivly a decat should i remove the lambda sensor like people do with a decat? i guess it being in will be affecting my performance as its reading dirty air or am i wrong there?

If you care about the light going out (makes sense as then at least the ECU can still put the serv light on for other issues to inform you of a problem) then leave the lambda connected electronically and just cable tie it up out the way so its not in the exhaust.

Wont effect how the car drives though.

Titanium 182
thanks for the help was just making sure it wouldnt affect my running . havent had a light on so wont touch it for now

LY R26
My emmisions light came on the other day, 16 months after having my decat fitted lol thought I'd got away with it!

LY R26
well worth checking, you might just have a dead lambda sensor

Cheers for the advice Dan, it came on just after giving it some stick and your probably right mate. How much are lambda sensors? Because im putting my cat back on for the mot due in November. And then after maybe investing in a sports cat.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
List price is over £90, I can usually manage to do them for £85 fitted unless suppliers have a s**t-fit and bump the price by £20 unexpectedly as occasionally happens