ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sportlines and OEM shocks: how is the ride?

Megane RS 250
Totally rubbish? The shock are not new either, 40k miles... I'm getting them shortened and serviced, maybe stiffened a bit in the future.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
for me the ride is hardly any different, just stops the car 'tipping' slightly when throwing it about and obviously the height difference.

Can't wait to get these Koni's on!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My sportlines with newish OEM shocks was nothing but crashy and ruined the ride. put up with it for a year before I took them off.

E46 M3
Put my sportlines on the other day, as far as I know the shocks are original so 57K on them and the ride is fine, I wouldn't say the ride is noticabley different to the cup springs.

Megane RS 250
Mine isn't a cup, but hey, for 95£ the height drop, for look and lowering the gravity center, even if the ride isn't perfect it's ok.

I find the koni dampers a bit pricey. How much in UK for servicing and shortening the dampers?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I find the the ride and handling much better than standard springs in just about every way.
Only slightly firmer. As for the shocks surely it would be cheaper/better just to get some new OEM shocks?

Black 182 FF
Can't comment on the handling as I never really pushed it back then as I'd just got it, but I can't understand how people back then and now say the ride didn't change, because whilst it isn't anywhere near as harsh as many of the kits I've had on different cars, it certainly stiffened up a touch. Worth it for the lower stance though.