ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SPORTCAT ?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Anyone got one whos made it (janspeed,Jetex, prospeed, etc )
and whats the verdict ??
std cat split (been welded )and dont wanna go decat route, std exhaust on car at moment .
Worth doin or just go for the std cat replacment (not reno thou LOL) ??

rps13
janspeed.

it's ok, just get a decat. No real power increase just less restriction if you're tuning properly. In hindsight i would have bought a decat.

182 cup pack
Ι have a Rossi sports cat from K-tec.

Have seen a nice increase in torgue in low rpm range.

PH1 172 Sport
Ive got one on my 172, It gave a good increase in low down torque and engine response but I wouldn't pay the full price for one.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Ive got one on my 172, It gave a good increase in low down torque and engine response but I wouldn't pay the full price for one.

What sort is it mate and where from ? have you got std exhaust or stainless ?

PH1 172 Sport
Its the one that k-tec sell but I got it for a very reasonable price 2nd hand because a new owner of a 172 couldn't insure the car with it on. Ive got a stainless system and it increased noise a little bit.

Lots of Alfas
Ive got the k-tec one, it was actually made by Janspeed. Its on the standard exhaust, i havnt noticed any power or sound changes. I bought it because the standard one got damaged and Renault wanted of £400.

rps13
Did it pass mot ok ?

LOL, funny you say that actually i forgot.

It failed it's MOT on emissions too, just after i serviced it, new plugs and air filter. I get 35mpg so the car doesn't have a fuelling problem.

Get a decat or go to an exhaust place and have them modify your downpipe flange lower and chop up your cat so you can put it back in when the MOT is due. That's what i'm having done, then selling the sports cat.

It will sound better and a sports cat will only leave you wanting more throttle response and grunt.

182 cup pack
Is it fitted to a std system ? any louder ? where you get that from mate got a link ?

Here is the link:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1265

But you have an 172 so I think that you should look at this one:http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1051

It was first fitted to the std system and it was slightly louder(small difference though) After I've installed a scorpion Rs 192 system and became more loud but still not intruisive.
No problem with mot also.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
  Clio Cup/GSXR 600
My sports cat (janspeed) passed its MOT two years on the trot - but i did get it red hot and left it running until it was mot'd, only reason for not de-catting it, is the hassle of changing it. Bought at same time as a k-tec stealth. More noise and it will be less restrictive but a de-cat will be better for power etc.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Ive got the k-tec one, it was actually made by Janspeed. Its on the standard exhaust, i havnt noticed any power or sound changes. I bought it because the standard one got damaged and Renault wanted of £400.

Thanks mate :eek:

DCi
I've got the Janspeed/Ktec one (along with a milltek cat-back)

it makes my engine management light come on (not sure if it's the cat/cat-back/combo of both) that causes it and I have to get it reset or it fails MOT.