ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spongy brake padel after track day - bleeding does not work

RS Clio 182
I went for a track day on saturday and after cool down of the first 25 minutes the brake pedal became really soft. 2 days later still the same: bad feel and poor stopping power. After reading several post, I bled the brakes in a workshop. But nothing has changed at all. Disc s and brake pads (ebc yellows) are new (1500 miles), braided lines and motul RBF660 racing. The system worked really awesome so far. Any ideas of what is wrong? Probably not proper bleeding due the abs clip?

Thanks

PH2 172
I went for a track day on saturday and after cool down of the first 25 minutes the brake pedal became really soft. 2 days later still the same: bad feel and poor stopping power. After reading several post, I bled the brakes in a workshop. But nothing has changed at all. Disc s and brake pads (ebc yellows) are new (1500 miles), braided lines and motul RBF660 racing. The system worked really awesome so far. Any ideas of what is wrong? Probably not proper bleeding due the abs clip?

Thanks

If you pump the pedal,does it firm up hard with less travel?

RB 182 Cup
You might have air in the ABS pump as you stated, do have a thorough inspection of all unions and brake lines as you could also have a leak somewhere, which is letting pressure out of the system.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
I had this issue turned out to be one of my calipers. is there any calipers letting in more air than normal?

RS Clio 182
Thanks, I will need to check with the workshop. I did another beeding cycle as EBC reccomends and after this things are much better now. I think they are still a bit softer than before trackday but good enough let's say. In any case thanks Dannyeff, I will check next time!!