ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Splitter fail :(

Lupo GTI
Well I went to get my tracking done yesterday morning.
Come home, went to get in my car this morning and noticed this, I can only think I did it reversing out of the garage yesterday cause my splitter caught the floor coming off the kerb :(

DSC00014.jpg

What are my options? :(

options are:

1. CF splitter from k-tec
2. New one from Renault = £££££'s
3. Second hand splitter of here - rare and snapped up in seconds!
4. Brace and plastic weld
5. Splitter from seat, peugeot etc search on here for more options.

Last edited:
  Lupo GTI
How durable are the K-Tec one's? because I fancy one, but well my cars quite low and get a lot of scraping.

not sure fella never owned one as my splitter survives to this day :), the only common complaint is that they stone chip with white spots due it be smooth lacquered, and not a textured plastic like the OEM item.

Lupo GTI
Mine was durable to a point and survived to meetings with my low drive and kerbs.. big crack in it now though GF's fault :(:dapprove:

I wish I had someone to blame but myself :(
I think I might have to invest in a K-Tec one :eek: Payday tomorrow to so.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
OE FTW.

I had a carbon one from K-Tec. Looked cheap, brittle as f*ck, and it stonechipped easily.

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Mine was durable to a point and survived to meetings with my low drive and kerbs.. big crack in it now though GF's fault :(:dapprove:

If yours isnt in bad condition fletcher, ill purchase it off you, providing the crack isnt too bad, could brace it up and get it sprayed matt black after. Have ya got a piccy mate?

E92 M3
super glue will hold it ne bother

my dad snaped his in the same place i was trying to get him to get a cf but hes a tight arse and glued it and u couldnt even tell tbh

The crack isn't too bad mate tbh, but i won't be removing and fitting the new one until FCS.

In that case mate, Ill have an inspection at the 9th meet, maybe we could come to an arrangement of doughnuts and some pennies your way ;)

Fixing the splitter could be a nice little project for me to occupy my spare time when Ive finished uni too!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
put fibre glass on the back of it to join the two pieces together, the splitter is [ shaped in profile so apply tape on all sides other than the back to hold it in place, rough up the surface and apply some p40 fibre glass compound mix (it already has the fibre glass in it all you do is add a pea size of hardener to a golf ball size of compound, no messing about with fibre glass sheets and resin) to the back of the splitter, spreading an even layer a few inches eitherside of the crack.

Awesome mate! Weve got a yacht engineering lab down the hall at uni, So i reckon it will come out looking pretty sweet!

Good advice thanks mate! Ive fitted a splitter to a friends 172, but never repaired one so ill give it a go!

172 cup
the k-tec splitters are very durable mines had a beating n its still going strong :) few scrapes under neath it from some kurbs but all mine

matty

Bad luck micp :( when I'm leaving work, the car park has those flap thingies to stop people driving in the other way, and they ALWAYS manage to smack my splitter as hard as possible :(

Elise S1 B&C 140
My Ktec CF one is ok touchwood. Its had a few hefty knock coming out of the driveway and has survived so far.

Lupo GTI
Think I'm gonna have a blast at what JungleJim said. See how that goes, all else fails I'll keep a look out.

Jamie, I had exactly the same problem at work, it's a proper piss take, didn't think that could of been the problem though!

182kev

Fibre glass resin and fibre tissue then re-paint with vinyl and rubber paint,cost you around a tenna to fix and will look good as new, i bought mine the same way yours is now ;)