ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Splinter Cell : Conviction (XB360)

57 Clio Campus Sport
Full game is quite good. Not as easy as you'd think with the setup quick kill thing. Worth the purchase I would say. Story seems to be same old same od

Damn you, I haven't risked early games since first xbox got banned. It's ready and waiting taunting me lol

57 Clio Campus Sport
Use the banned one for offline play, is what i do. Have a legit console for legit games for online. Just swap the HDD between..

Got Elite fully legit online, got IXLT on new arcade not banned which use online but none before release and always abgxed. Banned console will cripple HDD if use it, guess I could try updating to current fw by usb or something to stop the HDD crippling, but would still have to burn game that isn't checked yet and if it was dodgy and wanted to use it online have to burn another one once fixed. Rather wait the week.

Got Elite fully legit online, got IXLT on new arcade not banned which use online but none before release and always abgxed. Banned console will cripple HDD if use it, guess I could try updating to current fw by usb or something to stop the HDD crippling, but would still have to burn game that isn't checked yet and if it was dodgy and wanted to use it online have to burn another one once fixed. Rather wait the week.

Ah right, i'm not too fussed about firmware now - i was lucky enough to have a console i could jtag. So just install my games to a USB HDD and swap my offical HDD too and from each console..

57 Clio Campus Sport
http://www.nerdles.com/2010/04/15/splinter-cell-conviction-review-round-ups/

Reviews mashup. Basically what I thought of it. Quicker play which made me like it compared to the slow speed of old ones.

Also going to get free DLC each week

http://play.tm/news/29856/splinter-cell-getting-free-weekly-dlc/

Does anyone know if this has online multiplayer or just the co-op modes

In total, the game has five multiplayer modes, four of which being separate from the main campaign. You can find out more about Prologue mode by reading on below -- but here's what we know about the special "deniable ops" multiplayer modes:
--Hunter is for one to two players to go in and stealth kill everybody they find.
--Infiltration is a "pure" stealth mode for one to two players where the second you're spotted, you lose.
--Last Stand is a survival mode where one to two players have to protect a warhead within a level from a group of AI that want to set it off.
--Face Off throws out co-op and pits two players against both each other and a lot of hostile AI within a level.

Taken from: http://m.kotaku.com/site?sid=kotaku...ation-anxiety-times-two?op=post&refId=5429088

Liking the sound of Hunter Mode!

Last edited:
  57 Clio Campus Sport
It arrived today, great game, I banged it straight on Realistic which seems to be perfect for my skillz, been a few points where it has taken a few goes to get past.

Overall would defo recommend it as a purchase.

clio 172 cup
so basically theres no 2vs2 like the last 1? i think multiplayer is a big let down for the 1st hrs ive played on it

Crappy work hire car
Has anyone traded in Alien vs Predator and if so how much did they get please?

Crappy work hire car
Meh completed it already, v. good but v. short as all games seem to be these days!

57 Clio Campus Sport
I completed it last night on Realistic, I liked it a lot, if anyone wants to do coop, there is quite a lot, add me gt: DeathCab 4 Sam

DCi
i have left the theatre and im on the way to the white house i assume im near the end.

if i do some work now ill try and finish it later heh

Crappy work hire car
I'm enjoying the extra game, the Deniable Ops, only problem is you can't bloody save it, you have to keep going or lose progress :mad:

57 Clio Campus Sport
I'm enjoying the extra game, the Deniable Ops, only problem is you can't bloody save it, you have to keep going or lose progress :mad:

Yeah I hate that. Was doing hunter on realistic with mate, took us quite a while to get through first 3 sections of a level and he had to go, we assumed we would be able to start up from a section of the level but had to start from the beginning. The same for story mode, on chapter select you can only start a whole chapter again not just replay sections.

Crappy work hire car
I also found it quite annoying that you couldn't choose the upgrades available for each weapon - I would've preferred a scope and silencer for every one (except the shotgun lol) but it wasn't available.

Still good game, and it is very satisfying to be able to turn it on and shoot some tango's in the head when you feel stressed lol.

1.8 Civic EX
loving the Hunter mode at the moment, still havenet finished the first one though as I keep trying to do it on Realistic without getting spotted...

also didn't realise I seem to have an extra gun I didn't know about. On the main menu, went down to extras and there was a gun there, clicked on download and away I go lol, some kind of silenced automatic pistol, still prefer the Five-Seven though :) I've hardley used any other weapon at all, it's either that or I go for the hand-to-hand kill (and the odd gadget here and there).

Like the little in game challenges too, like kill 3 people that are stuned by the EMP etc, will keep the interest in the game a bit longer.

Crappy work hire car
I finished the timber mill one last night on hunter, its quality because you can control the turrets!

1.8 Civic EX
I finished the timber mill one last night on hunter, its quality because you can control the turrets!

I've not even tried any of the others yet, just the first one over and over lol, there is a turret on the first "section" of the first one but I always forget about it and kill the people it's pointing at some other way before I get to the controls lol

57 Clio Campus Sport
If anyone want some coop story or hunter etc let me know. Well bored ATM after finishing story on Realistic

1.8 Civic EX
finally finished the first Hunter Mission, goes on for ages and it's rather annoying that you can't save (main reason I never finished it as I kept running out of time lol)

Done it on realistic and got spotted once. Tip for anyone trying is don't shoot anything unless you are using the execution on people, it is possible to creep around in the darkness and hand-to-hand kill all of them without even having to shoot out the lights. I found it much easier and quicker stangely enough.

1.8 Civic EX
for those that might not know, extra content is available for free every thursday as of april 15th..not sure how long it's going on for but make sure you keep checking the extras section every thursday.

first one was the MP7A1 gun and today was proximity mines. Lead to belive there will also be some costumes and an extra map for the deniable ops mode.

also don't forget to use your u-play points to buy the extras, xbox dashboard theme, extra costume, SCAR/H and the new mode for deniable op, Infiltration :)

Ive bought it and not very keen TBH. Don't really like the graphic style , it felt better before on the org X box. The game play has gone a little gung ho as well.

Still a good game , but the changes are for the worse imho.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Totally disagree.

I'm loving this. No stupid HUD to get in the way of things, and the cover system is one of the best I've played. Mark & Execute feels awesome in a way that's hard to describe.

F*cking Alpha game.