ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spent 4 hours cleaning my engine bay....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My fingers/fingernails are in agony.... I'm nowhere near finished but the wife was going mad so the old crow stopped play. :(

It was all done by the previous owner, but he neglected it, i've neglected it and the car was fully resprayed last week so the engine was tarnished to fcuk and was covered in half an inch of filler dust. It need a spot of tidying to say the least! lol

Anyway, here is how the days activities turned out.

1st pic is the fuel rail guard. This is how the whole engine looked after i'd washed all the dust off: grimy, tarnished and not even close to being shiny!!

SS850959.jpg

This is how it ended up before the wife threatened to cut my nuts out of their protective sack.

SS850956.jpg

SS850957.jpg

All in all, quite pleased! :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
how about driving it dan? lol

i am sure you use to slate people you detailed to that degree

Give me a break!! I can't drive it, well not legally! It needs two tyres all the engine mounts and an MOT!

I'm taking it to the action day on trade plates, so shiny engine is all I have to offer! :(

SchwepTek™
LOL, was jokin, its a beast.......and much quicker than mine. Although we won't go into that ;) haha

106 GTi
Nice work Dan, polished bit are a sure fire fast track to becoming a cleaning geek ... lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice work Dan, polished bit are a sure fire fast track to becoming a cleaning geek ... lol

PMSL!! I just tried explaining to my mrs why i won't be driving it in the rain! lol

I'm getting there dude...