ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo vids...

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Thought i would start a thread seeing if anyone would be interested in speedo vids for comparing/showing what there car performs like.

There are loads of well specc'd clios now from silly horsepower ph1's to forced induction 197's. Also a number of other members cars that would be interesting to see how they climb the speedo.

I have done my 335d starting in 3rd at 30 so gives a time of in gear acceleration from 40-70 and through gears 60-100

Of course you will need a private road.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Nippy white cup
Awesome power...I love a good tuned diesel!

One of mine

[video=youtube_share;PT_BaycY3oA]http://youtu.be/PT_BaycY3oA[/video]

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
might be worth adding specs?

mine is a mapped 335d with circa 350bhp 500 lbsft

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Jamie, your 335 is STUPID quick for a diesel. Ive been in a standard 335d before and that was quick!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Makes me want a 335d for that alone! How superficial lol

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
yeah thanks it does pull silly in any gear at any revs, bit of a lazy mans car tbh

done on airfield so make sure you also do any vids safely... like i had passenger vid dont try and do it yourself!

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Yeah would like to see how a vx220t goes tbh, never experienced one but always admired them

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Is it just the newer shaped ones or are the old ones as quick?

New ones still do 155mph dont they?

Bye bye clio :(

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
335d's are insanely quick once fettled with. Friend of mine who does remaps says they are one of his favourite to do as the owner is always stupidly impressed.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Is it just the newer shaped ones or are the old ones as quick?

New ones still do 155mph dont they?

Bye bye clio :(

335d?
there has only really been 1 engine afaik 56-12 plate during which there was a face lift (LCI). 155mph standard but up to 180 mapped :D

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I think the 335d is the only sensible replacement for the Toledo, 350/500 will be a nice upgrade from 250/400.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Nice. I am thinking about trading the Fabia in for a 335d touring next.

Why are you selling yours so soon fella?

Got offered a nice 135i, but that has now gone so prob just keep the diesel as it pretty much does everything you could want tbh

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Jamie hows the Mpg settled on the 335d after the map?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Its no different tbh, high 20's in town and a max of high 40's if tickled down motorway

Leon Cupra 300
Old Saab

th_SaabAcceleration2.jpg

Cupra
That 335 shifts!!

I made one in my old (standard) 172. Never bothered in the Megane.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
the gti6 is pretty impressive tbh, never remember mine being that quick unlike my ownership of it....

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Holy sh*t that 335 is jaw dropping. I've driven my grandads 535D quite a few times, it's only standard and it is a flying machine tbh.

335D will 100% be my family steed.