ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speedo problems,

clio 172 phase1
Just bought my phase 1 172 and when driving car casualy speedo works fine but soon as I give it some s**t the speedo goes crazy,the previous owner said he changed the speedo sensor and has a receipt for new sensor being purchased but not fitted :/
what else could be causing this any ideas??

Clio 172
I ended up taking my Ph2 to Renault with a similar thing. In the end they changed the transducer I think and that sorted it out?

clio 172 phase1
how much did that cost you at Renault josh?
I'm hoping the previous owner didn't put the sensor on so just needs a new one fingers crossed :/

172 cup
fitted a new sensor to mine today and have done 50 miles since, so far so good :D

mine was that tight, i had to google to see if they had a bolt or something holding them in, the answer i found was to 'man up' and give it a good pull. hey presto out she came!

good luck guys hope yours are just the sensor too

Sharkey

CLS320 with a D6
I can't get my new one in. Had it months now but doesn't work. Hoping it's not the loom

172 cup
hi zeta, when you say can't get it in, do you mean wont go in at all or wont clip in etc? reason i ask is because although my new one did clip in, it pulls out with a lot less force than the original one required.

Sharkey

CLS320 with a D6
Hello buddy, it goes in but doesn't seem to really hold in tight. I can pull it out really easy. The top o ring (blue one) is just visible when it's as far as I can get it in. Is that right?