ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SPEEDO not working...bouncing up and down

3 Series touring
Hi guys,

my speedo stopped working yesterday so now som,etimes it will read the correct speed, sometimes fluctuate up and down, ad sometimes tell me im travelling everywhrere at 0MPH

what could this be, (rest of instument panel works fine)

Cheers in advance
Ben

Mk5 golf gti
hi there mate
thats your speedosensor
bout 30 quid from renault i think
had this problem on my dynamique
its because there prone to the damp
u will find it down near the gearbox me finks

Mk5 golf gti
you can actually take it out an clean the contacts an it may sort it for a bit
but i would replace it
i mean for 30 squid its not worth the hassle of cleaning it
but you could for now
hope it helps anyway
ill try an get a pic up later

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hey Ben, I dunno if you know but my car has been like this for ages, just havent got around to changing the sensor yet, its aparently very easy though :)

Just a heads up, if you get it, dont pay someone to fit it, I've got axel stands and a decent jack, can do it around here.

3 Series touring
Thanks for the help people, may give cleaning it a go and see what happens (seeing as i will have time this week)
Just a heads up, if you get it, dont pay someone to fit it, I've got axel stands and a decent jack, can do it around here.

Cheers Rob! il head over to yours if i change the sensor...may aswell get yours done too! plus...i need your seat cover removing knowledge soon mate!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh god what for???

Yeah I wanna change mine soon so may aswell do them both. Think from memory they are only £24 from renault :) result a cheap fix (for once)

3 Series touring
the tilting mechanism onthe passenger side still doesn't work and its not the handle bit, i think theres a cable inside that is not connected properly.

£24 ..bargain tbh
let me know if you want me to pick you one up (not sure where your nearest renault is?)