ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo Keeps Cutting Out

As above.... on a MkII ph1! is it just the cables at the back? and if so do i have to take the dash off to sort it out?

Thanks

Ben

clio sport f1 r27
dunno if thats wot it is but the pannel to the right of the wheel with the headlight adjuster 1-4 and the interior dim thing take that out and u can get ur hand up behind the dash threw it if ur skiny enough :p
to remove the plug ull feel a clip you need to pull to 1 side but when i did this and removed it my mpg comp kept flashing and had to get reno to sort it.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
If the speedo is cutting out it could be 1 of 5 things

1 - faulty digital impulse sensor on the gearbox ( transmitter for the speedo drive )

2 - If the car has ABS the speedo pick up is on the rear ABS sensor - this detects the revolutions of the back hub and gives you your speedo reading

3 - ABS pump faulty

4 - inst panel faulty

5 - wiring fault

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
if mine originally ran of the box (psh1 172), but the new box cant have a speedo insert into the diff, how can i use the rear abs sensor? is this possable

does anybody know for sure what the speedo runs off on a clio 1.2?
Depends on mk2 phase 1 its the gearbox.

On the very early phase 2's its the gearbox still but its rare the rest use the abs system.

if mine originally ran of the box (psh1 172), but the new box cant have a speedo insert into the diff, how can i use the rear abs sensor? is this possable

Use the abs system as it has a speedo out setup the clip will sort the dash out to use the speedo from abs not the gearbox sensor.

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
This happens on my 172 Cup every odd journey. Driving alone fine and then the speedo suddenly cuts out for about 5 minutes then comes back alive.

Im guessing its a faulty impulse sensor on the gearbox then as i dont have ABS?

Anyone know how much one of these would cost?

This happens on my 172 Cup every odd journey. Driving alone fine and then the speedo suddenly cuts out for about 5 minutes then comes back alive.

Im guessing its a faulty impulse sensor on the gearbox then as i dont have ABS?

Anyone know how much one of these would cost?

Not to bad priced i don't think from meory but check the wiring etc they cna just get wet.