ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed/rpm

LY FF182
I keep wondering if my speedo is reading correctly, my commute to work consists of a national speed limit country road with 4 villages along it with 30mph limits.

Everyday with out fail, there'll be someone behind me going ALOT faster and slam brakes on when very close to me through the villages.. P****s me off!

So in 5th gear doing bang on 30mph, my revs are just below 1500rpm, does this seem correct? Also at 3k rpm I'm doing just over 60mph.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
As it's an electric signal I doubt it would fall out of sync by a set factor. More like it just wouldn't work or would go all over the place.

Those rpms sound about right for the speeds.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Lose him in the twisties. When you're nearly sliding into hedges and small children, the world around you just turns into a blur and the engine is screaming... That's 30mph.

Generally speaking, if your speedo is reading 30mph exactly, then you're probably doing somewhere between 25-28. So technically you're probably safely under the speed limit. However, this isn't the mindset of the people tailgating you. They're just knob heads who follow other cars for sport. In most cases they probably wouldn't overtake you if they could.

LY FF182
Don't have CC due to omp wheel. And I'm not worried about me being under the limit, just get annoyed by people tailgating/waving hands at me for doing 30 in a 30. And Munson is right, they don't overtake even if it's a mile of clear road.

I generally lose them accelerating out of the villages then hit the next village which they speed through and tailgate again

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
I just pull over and let them pass. Be careful though sometimes this aggravates them more as your insinuating they are a bad driver. My wife got out and called a bloke a stupid Moron when we had my niece in the car because he was being a tool and wouldn't go past even when I pulled in!?

Clio 172 Flamer
I live in the countryside and we have villages that are 30 mph that go straight into national speed limit and everyday without fail on the way to work, I go through the village at 30 and have someone straight up my bee hind, then as soon as it hits national speed limit, I increase to a reasonable speed and they are way behind, into the next village and up my bee hind once more.

Easily one of the most annoying things as they have the opportunity to overtake if they are that bothered... but speeding through a village when there are school kids and what not...what the hell?