ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed ratings, advice needed

I ordered some tyres (Dunlop SP Sport) for the clio yesterday, and when they turned up today I found them to be T rated rather than H as I had ordered.

I'm pissed off but there's little I can do because of the jubilee weekend, the earliest I will have the replacement tyres, according to the retailer, is thursday of next week, and I'm unhappy to be driving my car on the current tyres until then. (New tyres were meant to be replaced today).

Now, can anyone advise on using the lower speed-rated tyre? Looking at the fronts, they appear to be T rated too, and I have driven on them fine for quite some time, but as the OEM seems to be H I find myself asking questions about whether that would be better. For anyone interested, the T is rated to 119 and H to 130 I think.

Cheers!

I understand the speed implications. In a 1.4 clio either is pretty unlikely! My point was mostly that they are (some would say) an incorrect rating compared with standard. I could have bought T rated initially but opted for H at a small increase in price.