ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speaker recommendations?

Clio 1.5dci
Hey all, I'm looking for recommendations to replace the stock speakers in my 182?

Nothing that's going to be fiddly to install, I'm open to budget suggestions but probably looking to spend max £200.

Thanks, Dan

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
It depends, Do you want to replace just the speakers in the front doors and rear panels? A straight swap as such?

Clio 1.5dci
There's 6 speakers in total, I guess the simplest idea is to replace those.

I don't know how difficult it is to throw a sub in the mix, but my goal is not to be just loud and full of bass.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Well, I replaced my two front door speakers and the two rear quarted speakers, As they were the only four in my car. And the quality is alot better and it has some bass and nice sounds.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Ahh yer, Forgot about them haha, Well i bought some Hertz Coxial for the rear and components for the front as they come with tweeters so you can replace them directly, But i dont think it would be in your price range, There are some low budget nice sources around such as fusion dare i say.

Clio 1.5dci
I could actually spend more, I was just trying to be 'good' :)

So Hertz and Rainbow, I'll look them up thanks

alien green rs133
i managed to get 6" speakers in the front of mine, but that was with a slight modification.
normally i think they are 5"

Clio 1.5dci
Since I was going to stick with the stock head unit, and I wanted them to be as easy to fit as possible, I've read not to bother changing the tweeters, right?

Now that means I need 4 x 13cm speakers?

But when I'm looking through the speakers, they all seem to have tweeters with them, and some have a crossover? thing.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Personally I'd look at getting some good components up front and perhaps leave the rears alone for now :)

I currently have no rear speakers, and it still sounds very good :D

RSC 182 Cup
Since I was going to stick with the stock head unit, and I wanted them to be as easy to fit as possible, I've read not to bother changing the tweeters, right?

Now that means I need 4 x 13cm speakers?

But when I'm looking through the speakers, they all seem to have tweeters with them, and some have a crossover? thing.

If you want simple then look at the Pioneer speakers that are made to plug straight in. If you search you will find info on them.

Definitely replace the factory tweeters (or disconnect them if you go the coaixal route), they're far from being decent quality.... I'd recommend looking at some of the Focal range of two way components- yes, components will need some work to fit, but the sound improvement will be worth it. http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/10406.html - these would work well with the stock headunit (high sensitivity). I'd advise to just replace the front speakers to start with and fade the sound all the way to the front.

Ollie's Silver Cup
During the installation of front components :rasp:

10220_163983401970_660606970_3212351_4082288_n.jpg

That included running cables up and down the car for the amplifier and back to the crossovers, which are under the passenger seat, though! :D

Megane 225
i bought some crystal speakers and they dont fit in the door! they are so deep so gonna have to modify the entire door just to get the b******s in! fitted an amp but it was to an aftermarket stereo. Boston Accoustics are supposed to be the absolute dogs danglies, but these crystal ones i got off a mate for cheap

Clio 172 Cup
I fitted the Pioneer units for straight swap and then some Pioneer 13cm speakers for the rear.

Pioneer HU and am happy, minimal effort with canny results.

The Lazy mans option!! lol :cool:

Clio 1.5dci
what source will it be???? what do you want? quality or spl?

spl?

I like quality, I don't want thumping music..

I've ordered the Alpine x305 as a replacement head unit for factory standard.

I had considered the JL Audio ones I posted before, but they need ~65mm mounting depth or something, not sure if that fits in the door I read it's only 52mm mounting depth.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
If you got to halfords and just buy 4 x fusion, pioneer, infinaty etc 13cm speakers... is there much differance?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I fitted the Pioneer units for straight swap and then some Pioneer 13cm speakers for the rear.

Exactly what I'm going to do I think.

I'm not amping anything so really got no need for anything too flash, just something a bit better than stock (my rears are knackered anyway) being fed from my old Pioneer 77MP HU.

Mk2 172
Dont bother with rears. U wont gain anything for urself from rear speakers as the application is appauling and so concentrate on the fronts.
Ive never ran any rear speakers in any of my installations as the fronts are by far the most important speakers in any system. Do the modifications to get a 6.5 inch speaker in too as its a massive improvement over 5 inch (almost twice the cone area) which will give more mid bass and wont sound quite thin like a 5 inch.
Will also handle more if u decide to add an amplifier at a later date :)

One Phat Clio

Pioneer TS-Q131C ??

im thinking of these, round about 60quid with postage.....

people have reccomended them, any suggestions?

172 mk2 Iceberg
Infinity are good but pricey

Quality costs..... recommend components for the front and disconnect the rears.