ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speaker help for projector

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I have a projector that I want to use for ps4, but not sure what type of speakers I can use/need.
Picture attached of the rear of the unit

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 55
  BG 182
You could get a adapted for the l out and r out to a 3.5mm aux jack ? I'm assuming your using hdmi ?

I might be wrong but that's what I'd try first

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Yes using hdmi.
I literally have no clue whats what when it comes to things like this lol

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
@realnumber1 why so? How would I connect the projector to an Amp and speakers? HDMI is plugged into my PlayStation

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on what you have but I'd be putting the hdmi to an amp (if it has it) then hdmi from the amp to projector.
Failing that hdmi to the projector and then use an optical lead to an amp.

Doing it the way you're suggesting you'd need to be using some cheap PC style speakers with amps built in and they would likely have to be positioned behind you which wouldn't be ideal.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Basically want to be able to play games & watch films with sound.
Judging by what you're saying I guess the projector needed would need to be a hell of a lot better than what I have?
Any examples of speakers that would work would be appreciated. If I am needing to get an amp, then I think there's a bit more reading and £ involved
Cheers

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
you're best using the ps4 outputs for the sound. Either Optical out into a surround sound unit/amp, or an HDMI splitter so that you can plug an hdmi for video into the projector and seperatley into a surround sound unit/amp for surround sound.

This is of course assuming you care about surround sound and don't just want it stereo.