ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spax RSX coilovers - 172 Cup

Clio 172 Cup
Seen a few Clio 172 Cups lately which have the SPax RSX kit and thought they were only made for standard 172/182. Just a couple of questions...

Would these be a good set up for both fast road driving and track day driving?

Where can I buy these from?

Thanks in advance

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
172 cup fitment is exactly the same as a normal 172

fast road and track days is precisely the use they're aimed at

I sell them, I have 2 sets on the shelf right now

They're £150 off RRP currently ( until the end of the week)

Clio 172 Cup
Ahhh I see now! I just remember Oliver James having bolt spacing problems when he ordered his GAZ coilovers.

Would you mind telling me what mm the bolt spacing is on a 172/172 cup?

£150 off...so that would make them how much now?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
there are 2 kits. RRP on them is £799.99, or £899.99 with full rear coilovers. That makes then £649.99, and £749.99 at the moment

you will have 54mm spacing on a 172 cup

Decent coilovers, now on my second car with them fitted and at no point have i felt they have been a compromise between comfort and handling.

I highly recommend them.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Alot better, i had racelands on mine (same as ktec i believe) and the difference when on spax was amazing. Made the car a decent ride rather than being crashy and generally harsh.
I dont know what was wrong with how mine were set up but I didn't rate my spax at all, on a smooth road they were fantastic, throw a bump into the mix and the rear end was very harsh (track set up) they creaked and the rubber boots that stop any s**t getting down into the shocks were split after 300 miles max. I tried all sorts to get it sorted as I really wanted them to be as good as everyone else mentioned them to be. Shame it didnt work out that way.

Thanks to danny for getting things sorted in the end though, shame I had to pester the living daylights out of him....poor bloke lol.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
yeah i like them, can be had online now for £620 for both 172 and 182 which is a bargain!
That is very cheap.

If I was spending that sort of money I'd get the spax over Gaz ones, but go for the normal spax kit and not the track kit

S4 Avant
Jesus. Originally these were meant to be around the £900 mark for the full rear coilovers! Who're the discount merchants?

itb182, 621bhp scoob
I have them for my 182 track car and am really happy with them, especially after spending some time on track setting them up to how i like to drive as there is a very good range on damping