ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spax Coilovers - 30% off at MSV

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Just in case anyone is thinking of buying these things, MSV are currently offering them at 30% off.

So the 182 Cup 60mm spacing full rear coilovers are only £630:

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/detprod.asp?productcode=RSX123&PID=1564483

This is cheaper than 519, even with his current 25% off.

Personally, i really feel that Spax are really killing themselves with their pricing if they are trying to be seen as a premium brand.

Part of the reason for me buying H&R's was that they hold their value, cant see Spax doing that at all really. 30% off is a joke tbh.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If they are any good, and people who know what they are on about start rating them highly, then they could be a good buy.

If they get a good rep, and the discounts stop, they could in theory go up in value from the current prices.

I dunno - the 172 cup fitment ones were £899
Now they're £629

Considering Billies are now around £800, and KW V1's are around £800 - I think the original pricing of the Spax was insane. No way are they worth £100 more than KW's
They're maybe a bit too cheap now but definitely closer to what people will pay for them

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
If they are any good, and people who know what they are on about start rating them highly, then they could be a good buy.

Yup, quite possibly, but Spax have always literally given their stuff away lol ... which is why they still have the 'poor quality' reputation, which is what puts people like me off them in the 1st place. If they were £750, fixed forever like the KW, Bilstein, H&R stuff i think it would help the brand personally. I was soo close to buying them, but just knew that sods law would kick in, id spend £750 on them and then some bright spark would do them at half price lol.

The way they are going now just reminds me of when people were buying the 106/Saxo PSX stuff for £75, then punting them on the forums for £200 :clown: Im sure Phil remembers that ...

LOL I bought a set of Spax RSX fully adjustable shocks and springs for my 106 for £75 from halfords. They had ordered them in for a customer who never collected them!
To be fair they were on my car for 4 years and over 80k of daily use! Other than the rear adjustors seizing because they got loads of road salt thrown at them - best quality suspension I've ever had.

Will someone PLEASE buy my billies off me so I can buy some spax? lol

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Spax have a limit on the allowed discount resellers are allowed to offer. This is more than that so once spax see it they won't sell to them. Dicks like this ruin it for everyone else. I tried to give a good deal with the absolute maximum allowable discount. Don't know why I bother.

Now Sold :-(
I tried to give a good deal with the absolute maximum allowable discount. Don't know why I bother.

Because some of us would prefer to buy from a trusted trader and pay a small premium for the extra service and peace of mind.
See you on the 19th when I will be ordering a set if they perform as well as you say. :D

Because some of us would prefer to buy from a trusted trader and pay a small premium for the extra service and peace of mind.
See you on the 19th when I will be ordering a set if they perform as well as you say. :D

^^As mark says! i would personally pay that little bit more from a trusted trader on here...