ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark plug change

Looking to get my mechanic to service my 182 non cup, he has suggested replacing inlet manifold gasket and plenum gasket whilst changing spark plugs , as in this - EBAY.
Whilst browsing i came across a set of oval 'O' rings, question is, are these needed aswell? im noobish.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply and Not to doubt you mate but, reading through a few posts of people having issues with idling at 4500rpm after a plug change caused by these gaskets, im still unsure anymore advice is highly welcomed. thanks

dan's cast offs.
as long as the gaskets come away without damage then no problem re using them BUT clean the gasket and both manifold faces and use a bit of sealant on them, i always use stag wellseal as it's fantastic!!

as long as the gaskets come away without damage then no problem re using them BUT clean the gasket and both manifold faces and use a bit of sealant on them, i always use stag wellseal as it's fantastic!!
Thank you kind sir for the more informative reply. :up:

I stuck an upper PTFE gasket on at the same time as changing the plugs, probably reading the same info as you, if your only planning on changing the plugs and leaving it be you might be fine with the original gasket, otherwise if worried order a new or PTFE one.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
When i changed my plugs I didn't change the gasket. I saw no point as it was in great nick.

LY FF182
I've had the top inlet off mine countless times and still have original gaskets.. Works fine