ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers - Advice / Help Needed

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Wanting some 20mm spacers on the front of the clio but am being totally thick and i have no idea how these fit.

I have always thought it was a case of taking the wheel off, Putting spacer on and then putting wheel back on.

The ones i would like to get are below (Pictures taken from Russ Ralley)

Has anyone done a guide to fitting these? If not how do i fit them and what do i actually need ?

50414889610686-vi.jpg

49414889609380-vi.jpg

Wanting some 20mm spacers on the front of the clio but am being totally thick and i have no idea how these fit.

It's late. CS forgives you. Really simple:

4 of those short & fat hex head bolts go through the larger holes on the spacer (the ones with the 10mm or so counterbore) and "screw" into the 4 holes on the hub where the wheel bolts would usually go.

Then use the 4 standard wheel bolts to bolt the wheel to the spacer (the 4 remaining slightly smaller threaded holes on the spacer.)

So you only need what's in Russ' pic plus the normal amount of standard wheel bolts.

These are the "bolt to hub" type. You're thinking of the other type that just sits between the mating face of the wheel and hub where the standard wheel bolts (or not - as you may need longer ones) go all the way through the spacer into the hub.

Last edited:

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
A bit of a thread revival, but the hex nuts that attach the spacers to the hub, there is no way of torquing these up?? Am I correct in saying this isn't ideal? Any likelyhood of coming loose?

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I torqued them up with a big tub of mtfu. My second option was to get someone to press the brake pedal for me. :p