ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacer help

Looking at getting some spacers for at least the front end, have read through various other threads but haven't really been able to come to a conclusion.

I'm looking at getting some 25mm delta mics, they might be heavy but the extra weight isn't a big deal for me, and i understand that as long as the bolts are done up right and the mating surfaces cleaned - plenty of people use them with no bother whatsoever.

My questions are: is there a proper way to determine what size of spacer i can use without any scrubbing/rubbing bother? My car is lowered around 50mm on some TA coilovers on 15" wheels which are et38. I don't entirely know what et38 means though and I have a non-sport wings if that makes any difference.

​Can anyone shed some light?

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
You want the tyre to clear the inside of the arch, regardless.

You could remove the springs from your shock, jack the wheel up while the car is in the air and measure the gap between tyre and arch?

So after a little bit of researching and looking about - i've had a look and i think that 25mms would poke out of the non-sport arches a little - which i wouldn't be totally against, unless it was a crazy amount.
I took a measuring tape and measured from the sidewall to out arch edge and it was /about/ 25mm - this would potentially have the tyre close to/rubbing off the arch lip.
​I'll have to get a better look later on.