ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soundbar/Speakers - Sub £100

As above, I am looking for a cheap soundbar/speaker setup for under £100.

My Grandad got a new TV and the sound is pretty poor.

I appreciate that for under £100 you won't get a great deal, but I've seen quite a few soundbars kicking around for £90ish that look decent enough.

Any advice etc. is appreciated.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
My father-in-law bought a 120 quid Samsung job, he seems to like it.
I think it sounds like s**t. :up:
Worthwhile getting one that can deal with a fibre-optic connection from TV-to-Soundbar IMO.

Cheers @Goodj - didn't even think to look at Richer Sounds. There is one just around the corner from work. I'll take a wander over there tomorrow.

No clue. He just wants something that he can hear a bit better and isn't so "tinny".

Probably not something that'll rattle his dentures.

Listerine & Poledo
Onkyo HTX-22 which is a true 5.1 system.. I've got one, its mint.
For £100?

@.Adam. I'd say just get a single-unit bar, just because it's less boxes and faff and space. Try it out in RS when you go in, I'd imagine it'll more than do the job

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Onkyo HTX-22 which is a true 5.1 system.. I've got one, its mint.

I got one of these this year, great little system! I've stuck to 2.1 though.

I would also recommend the Acoustic Energy Aego M's but they seem to have gone up in price! I paid £100 nearly 10 years ago for mine! Now can't seem to get them cheaper than £150 :neutral: