ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sony erricsson...can they make phones which dont have software faults?

Petrol Blue 182.
my w910 crashes all the time 3 times in last 10 mins wtf!? lol my w900i tho never crashed, loved that phone, best phone ive ever owned imo

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
the k850 was kinda rushed apprently, and had alot of problems because of it.

my past 4 of 5 phones have been sony ericsson, perhaps i dont keep phones for long enough for problems to occur lol, but my current phone has been great (w850i) it only crashed once, after almost exactly a year, and it wouldnt recover had to go away under warranty and most of the internals have been replaced now lol. but i love it. i dont plan on changing it any time soo i like it soo much which is unusual i dont usually keep phones for more than 6 months. And when i do change it'll probably be another SE.

Ive got a k800i, its a good phone and i bought it on whim, i thought it'd be a great spare/second phone. but ive hardly used it, at them oment its just a expensive alarm clock lol. i'm probably conna sell it once ive used up all the credit on the sim card.

I always wanted a w900 in black it looked brilliant, and was apprently a really great phone.

My K800i has had no problems whatsoever in the 15months I've been using it- apart from the battery now loses it's charge within a day. Hence why I've just upgraded to a W890i, seems fine so far, although it sucks there's no flash for the camera.

The S700i that I had about 3 years ago was twitchy as f**k though.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Ive had quite a few Sony Ericsson's - K800, W810, W800, P990i, currenly P1i.
The only one with the a slight problem was my P990i, when it was dropped it would go into offline mode.
Love my P1i tho, foobaring best Ive had!

Clio 172mk2
mates k850i wont send or receive texts, wont even let him on the msg options, other mates on his 3rd now .

seems to be a few problems with em tbh

Civic Type-S GT
mates k850i wont send or receive texts, wont even let him on the msg options, other mates on his 3rd now .

seems to be a few problems with em tbh

lol my mate had the same messaging fault - it needs to be reset to the factory defaults and tht usually fixes it

as for SE's being s**t, i've had a W850i and a W580i

W850i - rubbish, crashed all the time and had the worst signal i've ever had from a mobile

W580i - signal problems solved, no more crashing.... however the camera decided to just die and the buttons fell apart lol

Golf R soon...
If memory serves me, my K850i has only crashed once since November when I bought it!

None of my other SE phones have ever crashed.

Always keep the firmware up-to-date.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
how often do you turn off your phones?

mine is usually off one night a week for a few hours, i mean completley off with the battery out, it makes it run alot better and quicker than keeping it on for months at a time like my GFs.

it frees up little bits of memory inthe phones RAM apprently and allows the phone to do almost like a mini reset where it repair files. sorta like a defrag ona HDD.

also updating your firmware is a must, and if you are brave flashing your phones firmware back to generic sony ericcson firmware has alot of advantages, in my experience, the generic software is alot more stable than the branded stuff. i mean vodaphone changed the button layout of the k800i and orange mangle your internals disabling features t-mobile locks certain settings and shotcuts.

Petrol Blue 182.
mine is never off, only off when i have to turn it on and off to restart, or take the batery out couz its frozen