ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony Ericsson W960

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Seems to be very similar to the Iphone, Even some better reviews, Anyone got any info on it? The Daily Mail appear to like it?

Any chance of getting it free on Orange?

Thanks

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Will it b available on orange? Its v. similar to P1i and orange had a lot of probs getting it right for their network. I've only seen P1i available on o2, maybe same for w960i.

I really want this tho! I'm debating between w960i, P1i or N95. I'm not a huge nokia fan but the video recording is awesome and it has GPS. £50 for gps receiver for SE and its wired dongle :s But SE has the touch screen so I'm not sure wat to do.

And more confusion cos I cant get discount on o2 but can on orange so that favours N95.

ps. doubt it'll be free on any package less than £35/month on 18month contract. Not sure on upgrades tho.

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
my upgrade is due next month and I decided ages ago I'm going to get one of these.

Much better than an iPhone IMO. To name just a few of the reasons, you can use drag and drop, can use any 3rd party app you want much easier, and has proper buttons to text (only thing i didn't like about my 950).

thanks for the link to the review Tom, will now consider P1i too.

guessing someone will develop skype for them fairly soon, which would be cool.

E39 530i
So what is better W960 or the P1i?

Wanna get a smart phone again, coming from a P900i I want something bang update

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They are the same.

W960 has better music player.
P1i has better keypad and build.

Octavia VRS
I fancy the W960. I take it that it will only be free on the expensive tariffs judging by the spec of it tho

I saw my mates Nokia N95 8GB and that looks tasty as well

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Re: Sony Ericsson W960i

Between this and the N95 for me.

HATE nokia's but GPS, 5MP camera and awesome video recording tempt me. Only SE interface and touchscreen trying to save me.

W960i delayed FFS

O2 website says January now, rather than December, which was already a delayed date. I'm going mad as im making do with a w800 with a knackered joystick until it comes out.

Anyone have any inside knowledge on if any other network will have it earlier?
:mad:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: W960i delayed FFS

Its shipping now, but that means very little.

Get a p1i its the same.

shipping now? where did you find that?

yeh i did think about the P1, but i kind of want the nice music player, and i like the looks of 960 better and want the bluetooth headphones. because im shallow.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

London - UK, 6th November 2007

The W960 Walkman® phone will start to ship from November 2007, Sony Ericsson announced today. The W960, a potent combination of slim UMTS and Wi-Fi™ enabled phone with high performance media player, will be available in selected markets across the globe in time for the Christmas season.

London - UK, 6th November 2007

The W960 Walkman® phone will start to ship from November 2007, Sony Ericsson announced today. The W960, a potent combination of slim UMTS and Wi-Fi™ enabled phone with high performance media player, will be available in selected markets across the globe in time for the Christmas season.

ah, excellent. but where??!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Not sure. CPW dont have stock as i just checked.

Mustang, S13, AX GT

oooo I'll keep an eye on stock reports at work, let you guys know when we have a release date :)

oooo I'll keep an eye on stock reports at work, let you guys know when we have a release date :)

nice one, thanks.

i just read on some phone geek forum that it probably doesnt have the bluetooth headphones in the retail box anymore :dapprove:

330Ci (Fail)Sport

O2 website says January now, rather than December, which was already a delayed date. I'm going mad as im making do with a w800 with a knackered joystick until it comes out.

Anyone have any inside knowledge on if any other network will have it earlier?
:mad:

Orange had a lot of probs with the P1i and so never sold it, and since the w960i is very similar to the p1i, they prob wont sell that either. Don't know about others, maybe o2 will have exclusive rights...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The P1i works fine on orange. Orange customisations suck balls.

330Ci (Fail)Sport

The P1i works fine on orange. Orange customisations suck balls.

Do you mean an unlocked p1i it works with orange?

Remember someone saying (on here i think) orange had probs with p1i, orange shop said they dont do it and its not on their site so thought was true.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I debrand my SE phones the second i get them. its stupid not to.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Going from work we dont have a release date yet so its not going to be here before Christmas, I suspect January but either way I cant wait it looks like a really good phone!

Mito Sportiva 135
Is this out on Orange then when its released does everyone know? I am on the Dolphin (£35) 18 month contract so fingers crossed. Either that or there is a new K series phone on its way, otherwise will go for the Viewty or its successor, as my upgrades not due until April. boo!

Clio_Smart
Im on the same contract but due an upgrade now.

Im thinking of waiting for it or going for the viewty.

A release date would help us all out :D