ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Something with light cleaning ability for use post detail?

So i recently detailed the car with my g220. Id like something with light abrasives, cleaning ability i could use to remove any light swirling in due course.

Any recommendations? My first thought was lime prime, others?
(id like something i could use to one step machine on other cars also)

Cheers

Bus w**ker
Eh?

Quickly off the top of my head for final finish you want to be looking at something like Menz Final Finish (PO85RD) or possibly Menz Super Finish (PO106FA) or even Meg's #80 or #205. With suitable pads to match.

One stop...f**k knows. Only thing I can think of is Meg's Solo #86.

TBH though your post doesn't make a lot of sense to me, so I've guessed lol.

lol apologies.
Simply: Something mild to correct light swirling i can use more often than, say, harsher abrasives that you would use during a big detail! Make more sense?

How about Swissvax cleaner fluid?

Bus w**ker
I've never used CF but read a lot of good things about it, Ali or Magpie will probably be your best bet on those products TBH.

But light swirling can be cleared up using SRP and a DA. All depends on the paintwork, how much work you want to put in and your budget.

If/when I minor swirling, I will either use FF or SRP. If I am just getting rid a of the layers of wax/sealent for reapplication after say 6 months I would just use FF as there are no filling agents in it.

Final finish it is then, i know the preffered is Menzerna but ive got some Sonus in the garage. I take it thats pretty light, not too harsh?

FF is very light. I find it actually takes quite a while to work in as well. Really does finish off the paint work nicely and contains no fillers, so will do exactly what it says on the tin!

Megane R26
FF has more cut to it than Lime Prime though. Lime Prime can do impressive things via machine, so I'd go with that if topping with a wax, or Britemax #4 if topping with a sealant.

Yeah I agree, guess just love the FF on a very light pad. Depends what you are going to do really, never used the LP via machine.