ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

something doesn't feel right

clio 182
hi guys.
i've owned my 05 182 since brand new, 12 miles on the clock when i picked her up. it's a non cup ( as i was abit blind to the different models available when i ordered mine) but still loved it all the same.
Has been very well looked after, serviced at every interval, oil changed every 5,000 and had the belts done on the last service on 36,000 with the service coming in at afew quid under 1500 quid it's now clocking up to 45,000.
have driven it pretty much everyday since i bought it but recently something doesnt feel right, i mean it's always had abit of a jekyll and hyde way about it. somedays it still suprises me wen i feel like giving it a lil thrash around and other times it seems to struggle to pick up and i feel like im driving my 1.2 corsa again that i owned b4 i bought my clio.
theres no funny noises and never had any mechanical problems with the car since i picked it up (which i know i should be very grateful for anyway)
Have been toying with the idea of getting rid of it as everytime i go down a pothole i fink wots the point of owning a nice car these days.
anyways just wondered if any of you guys on here have any opinions or had similar experiences with your 182's.
cheers

Mk5 golf gti
i feel the same with mine the potholes drive me insane but i wont give in :)
i reckon im kind of bored off the power as its only useable when out of town
and sometimes i agree its like being in the old dynamique
but then i get onto some good back roads and open it up and it all becomes fun again
and it all makes it kind of worthwhile
some weeks i hate it an get bored the next i love it
maybe its just me but thats my take on it

clio 182
danny_172 i don't think it's either of those things, seems to be running smooth as ever. just when youv'e had it for so long and i guess you feel these things. maybe a trip down my local garage and get it stuck on the dyno and see if anything pops up.
cheers

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
My Williams always used to be the same. I'd obsess about how it was running, constantly looking and listenning for that noise or difference in performance in day to day driving/performance. To a degree it ruined a small part of ownership. Maybe you're just the same? Since moving onto my 172 and 182 I seem to have got past that now. Maybe you should just drive it and fix it when it breaks... Or adopt that approach anyway? If you've lost confidence in it, take it somewhere you trust and ask them to have a look over it.

clio 182
Dunn,
maybe i feel the same as you, power just doesn't excite me anymore well if im honest it hasnt for a long time.
perhaps it is time to move on as much as i can't bring myself to get rid of it, it has been a good servant to me but perhaps before i lose complete interest in it.
ill give her a good wash over the weekend and maybe that'll put some life back into it.
anythings were a try i guess and it wont cost me anything. lol

clio 182
who can you trust these days tho jamie, especially car garages lol. i think i'll take it to my garage and get them to give it the once over.

clio 182
i had the plugs changed on my last service, well they told me they changed them if u catch my drift. perhaps your right with the fuel, before i moved house i used shell optimax all the time untill i moved house and theres not a shell garage in sight so im filling up at a total and just using regular grade fuel. it's an option i suppose but would it really make that much difference?

clio 182
so did i but lately the words been going around afew ppl saying afew things about the garage i use. i dunno he always seemed to do me right i guess.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
tbh mate i find the RS Clio's respond better to premium fuels than normal, it might not make alot of difference but i think its definatley better for them

Id maybe change the spark plugs anyway just to be sure!