ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone with good ears tell me what this sound is?

Hi, My car seems a little ill. Please take a listen tell me where I should begin to troubleshoot, in the clip I get upto speed (around 40 mph) and a whizing type noise starts (I coast and you can hear it much better). The sound dies down when the speed decreases. Also I rev the engine to around 3K and a noise can be hear (the noise is more clear if the clutch is pressed, dosnt matter what the stick is in).
https://mega.co.nz/#!a8omlQiK!Wk1c4NxLx9rB3EY9nvvi5-NUAyyyMy9P_EEV2bn82nM

Any tips? I already took it to a garage and they said keep driving until it gets worse (they coouldnt pin point where it was coming from). Sounds like a charger when coasting, but the sound from the revs is a recent thing started today.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
I'd recommend uploading to somewhere you don't have to download a shitty app to watch the video. I for one will not be downloading 'mega app' lol.

Thanks for the info guys, will check the manifold to cat. Sorry didnt realize an app was needed for the download.

Some new info tho, was checking the engine today for air leaks as now when coasting the revs bounce between 1k and 2k, and noticed the plenum gasket is not present! No idea when that went I normally change the spark plugs myself so not sure what garage would have taken the plenum off and left it out. Will get one for the weekend.