ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone to get my locking wheel nut off!

Nissan 370Z
The garage can only remove 3, they wont drill the last one out.

Is anyone fairly local to be that will be able to come get it off for me?

Thanks

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Weld a bolt to it and unscrew the bolt?

Had to do that before!

AGH the sl*g
^^^ its french, the locking nuts will no doubt be made from monkey iron. go to a backstreet garage they will get it out in a jiffy.

AGH the sl*g
you wont weld strong enough onto monkey iron. also have you tried propper tightning the other 3, this then releaves some pressure from the stuck one making it easier to remove?

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
smash a s**t imperial sized socked on, impact gun. done.

Done it my self a fair few times.

Bumder With A Buffer
Hence why I got rid of my locking wheel nuts.

Not bothered that someone "might" nick the wheels. If they are that determined they would get them off even with locking nuts.

AGH the sl*g
for one you cant just smash a socket over them as said above they have a spinning collar to prevent this, secondley ^^^^^^^ ilovewilly have you tried chiesiling the collar off i have, you cant the chiesel just bounces off and you WILL wreck your alloys, just do as i said in the pm ask your mates with renaults to borrows their locking keys, you will eventually get one that fits, theres only about 5 different patterns.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
How about removing the car from the wheel nut?

Clio 182
You can weld a bolt onto them no worries. Your talking crap if you feel the metal is not strong enough or you don't know how to use a welder properly.

AGH the sl*g
personal opinion then! but i wouldnt put a welder f**king anywhere near my alloys, but then again some of us have sense.

Clio 182
I did 4 a few weeks back and did no damage. Why would a welder damage the wheels unless you don't know how to use one. Smashing a chisel onto a washer will do more damage if you slip.

Yawn.

When I needed to remove the locking nuts off our SJ we banged a screwdriver into it and used a hammer to turn it round, thus undoing the nut.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
1-lava-flow.jpg

Wot think?

ITB BG 182
Drill a hole down the center then use a large'ish reverse threaded bolt and screw that in (anti clock wise of course) Keep tightening it up and it will pop.
I did it like this with a 2ft bar on to the rachet handle and it soon came off, no damage to the alloys at all. Reverse threaded bolt cost me £5 for 6 different sizes.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
^^ to do that tho you need very good drill bits which most people dont have so will more than likely just melt the tip of the drill bit

AGH the sl*g
I did 4 a few weeks back and did no damage. Why would a welder damage the wheels unless you don't know how to use one. Smashing a chisel onto a washer will do more damage if you slip.

spatter from the welding landing on the alloy thus marking the alloy. and your presuming the OP can weld very well or have access to all welding equipment.