ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone sort my head out..

F56 MINI Cooper S
sounds like me mate, ummin and arring about whether to change or not, one minuite i am the next im not. whatever you do will probably be the wrong decision unfortunately.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
let me say something i might be a bit older (25) but after getting rid of my 172 for an astra vxr with the higher payments and greedy on fuel me and my fiancee now want a house but because i got a higher maintenance car i think it might just be out of reach because of it so coming from sum1 who made a mistake for the long run think about it

If you've just test driven a brand new car and it's not jumping out to you, then don't get it. It's not a pair of shoes that you can leave in the corner and wear one day if you feel like it, it's a lot of money.

To sell your car because chavs have them is crazy. Yours is a nice car, you don't have shitty wheels, massive exhausts and all the associated jazz.

Keep yours. Save the money. Put it towards a house.

200 Gordini
It is jumping out at me, I wasn't going to sell the 182 for a couple of years but this is the only car i've actually thought 'Yeah, I'll buy it'.

I can afford the payments and if i do decide to buy a house I know i'll have that covered.. plus the Mrs would be going halfs ;)

It'll be on PCP so wont cost that much more over 3 years than keeping and maintaining my 182.

Its just, do I prefer the rawness of the 182 over the refined 200?.. Argh!!

Yozz'd up 182
Your curret car is an amazing example but if you can afford it then why not upgrade to a newer car?

The spec sheet seems like it has everything. and its a good colour.

And im sure the same mods could be done to the 200 to match the 182 if not beat it?

Da

Less
to pay 16 grand for a clio imo is crazy theres so much more car out there for 16k as sum1 said an s3 even an 05 plate m3 if u want a more refined car then why get another clio and if u want fun and stuff then just keep the 182 same thrills no big price tag if u want refined get a better car worthy of a 16k price tag

Yeah because the running costs of an S3/M3 are comparable to a Clio 200? :S He's 20 years old remember.

You reasons for changing are exactly the same as mine. I spent a fair old wedge on my 182 on a monthly basis which was a combination of modifying and maintaining it.

Those costs alone would more than cover the costs of a new car for me - and I wouldn't want/need to modify it nor worry about MOT's and repair bills every month.

Yozz'd up 182
How long do they suggest you keep a new car? 3 or 5 years isnt it?

Like Da said im sure the lack of servicing, maintaining, MOT would more than make up for it.

Cayman S Edition 1
Went through the same thing last weekend. Pick up my 200 on Saturday and sold the Trophy on tuesday. Do what feels right and not what ppl tell you

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I would be for sure. Only reason i went back to a 172 Cup from my 197 was to free up money for a house. I only really use it back and to to the gf's house, so that would make the £200 a month for the car + insurance + fuel a waste for me.

Stagecoach Ticket
dident realise you were 20! to get a 200 would be the worst mistake of your life buddy iam 21 and have a 1.2 Loads of my mates have stupid cars each one of them have regretted it each one said "they could handle the payments".

Example:

Mate 22 years old brought a focus rs mrk 1 for 10k

earns 28k a year as an engineer car bleeds him dry never has any money really lives at home

second freind female 20 brought a 16k cooper is starting to realize that £290 for the car £90 for the insurance £160 for fuel etc etc is getting pricey.

and at 20 mate your situation can change on a whim i wouldent tie yourself into s**t for the sake of some fresher paint and some fancy trim?

200 Gordini
I would for sure, but not in Albi. 197 only imo, something i cant put my finger on with the 200 in Albi.

dident realise you were 20! to get a 200 would be the worst mistake of your life buddy iam 21 and have a 1.2 Loads of my mates have stupid cars each one of them have regretted it each one said "they could handle the payments".

Example:

Mate 22 years old brought a focus rs mrk 1 for 10k

earns 28k a year as an engineer car bleeds him dry never has any money really lives at home

second freind female 20 brought a 16k cooper is starting to realize that £290 for the car £90 for the insurance £160 for fuel etc etc is getting pricey.

and at 20 mate your situation can change on a whim i wouldent tie yourself into s**t for the sake of some fresher paint and some fancy trim?

I dont really want to discuss my financial situation on a forum but from what I get for the 182 and the aftermarkets bits I'll have to sell i won't have to worry about car payments for a little while.

Like said, the money isn't what I'm looking for guidance in. It's my 182 how it stands vs. A new 200. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

Stagecoach Ticket
No worries mate just make sure u leave yourself allowence for lifes f**k ups lol

ever considerd going half way and upgrading to a 197?

PS 200
Been offered black Speedlines and GT spoiler for the same price!!
What price ?

Anyone offering a car at "cost" price then including additional items for no additional costs is probably pulling a fast one !

Unless you are dealing with a close friend :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Albi -197 perfect
Albi - 200 fugly.

Strange what a facelift can do to a colour. All imo of course.

200 Gordini
What price ?

Anyone offering a car at "cost" price then including additional items for no additional costs is probably pulling a fast one !

Unless you are dealing with a close friend :)

Its a very reputable dealer on the Renault Sport forum, my local garage have done pretty well matching him up to now. might pop up in a bit and see if he'll throw in speedlines and a GT spoiler lol

Albi -197 perfect
Albi - 200 fugly.

Strange what a facelift can do to a colour. All imo of course.

hmm.. this is stunning IMO..

j8jr81.jpg

xatrm.jpg

Not alot of people have gone for Albi either and I prefer blue on most cars.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yes with the correct options granted.

Black front black wheels.

But people settle for the shed wheels and whatever front mouf!

200 Gordini
If I wasn't getting Speedlines I would have bought a spare set of 197/200 wheels and on the way back from picking the new car up I would of dropped the cup pack 200 wheels off to be powder coated black.

If I do decide to get the 200 it will look like the above but with a GT spoiler

260% JCW
Me and the Mrs were going to buy one. Similar situation to you, had it all priced up with the options we wanted but the test drive left me a little dissapointed.

Yes it was a better built car and no doubt around a track it may handle better but for me the engine was'nt as zippy as my 172, it lacked the eagerness. It may be better when its loosen's up (the test drive car had 4k on it, mind), if thats the case il wait a year or two and get a 2nd hand one with some miles on it and some of its depreciation out of the way.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
So your not actually buying it? How tied in are you with a pcp? I know you say youi can handle the unexpected, but by their nature the unexpected can't always be planned for.

Your going from a car you own, and if needs be could sell easily to raise funds, to a car that your tied into and couldn't use to raise capital.

Nothing wrong with borrowing to buy a car, but I've always gone down the personal loan route. The monthly is higher, but it's your car.

200 Gordini
So your not actually buying it? How tied in are you with a pcp? I know you say youi can handle the unexpected, but by their nature the unexpected can't always be planned for.

Your going from a car you own, and if needs be could sell easily to raise funds, to a car that your tied into and couldn't use to raise capital.

Nothing wrong with borrowing to buy a car, but I've always gone down the personal loan route. The monthly is higher, but it's your car.

Its a very low interest rate on PCP or Renault are doing 0% finance. I'll put my own money in to my bank account and let that build interest while making payments for the 200.

Like i've said a few times, everything has been worked out a million times, im happy with the figures etc etc but I dont know if i want a refined car over a quicker and probably more fun car.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
This was my 197, not far off spec wise

DSC04410.jpg

j8jr81.jpg

I prefer it on the 197, however, the pic above is the best i've seen a 200 wear Albi. Nice colour, always looks different

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Its a very low interest rate on PCP or Renault are doing 0% finance. I'll put my own money in to my bank account and let that build interest while making payments for the 200.

Like i've said a few times, everything has been worked out a million times, im happy with the figures etc etc but I dont know if i want a refined car over a quicker and probably more fun car.
If you're still enjoying the 182, I wouldn't. If you have issues you're not happy with, do it.

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
197 looks so much better in those photos above compared to the 200 but i would have an alien green 200 before any other in the clio series these days!

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
^ Yuk. AG is proper wishy washy!

i love it looks so modern on the roads these days every other car u c is red or blue why not have something that sticks out and says hey look at me im a rs and im cool as fcuk!!!! but thats just me every1 thinks different!:rasp:

In response to the suggestions about Megs/STs etc remember that at 20 most insurers won't touch you on anything with boost! I've already tried, fastest new-ish boosted thing I can insure is a Corsa VXR and even then its £700 more than a 200.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
In response to the suggestions about Megs/STs etc remember that at 20 most insurers won't touch you on anything with boost! I've already tried, fastest new-ish boosted thing I can insure is a Corsa VXR and even then its £700 more than a 200.

Not always true, My brother got a £80 or something return when he changed his 172 insurance over to his Focus RS.

Its also cheaper for me to insure a MK1 Focus RS than it is to insure my 182.

182 Full of Fat
Has there been any news on a special edition 200 (Trophy, R27 etc). This is going to be the last 2.0 supposedly so hopefully they produce something special for when I'll be getting a new car :cool: