ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone has just driven into the back of me-What happens now?!

PH2 172
Well, after only 2 months of 172 ownership someone has just driven into the back of me. Was waiting to pull out of a junction and i guess they werent paying attention and drove straight into the back of me, and admitted liability at the roadside-couldnt really not tbh!

Have exchanged contact details etc, just wanted to know where i stand now, do i need to contact my insurer, will this affect my no claims?

Also, any idea on the cost of damage-bumpers pushed down, theres a scrubbing/rattling noise when you drive and the spare wheel well has folded in and pushed up-thats as far as i can see stood here in the rain!

Any advice greatly appreciated :(

ford cougar 2.0 16v
you need to ring your insurer give them all details of the other person. crime details if police involved and no doubt will get you to get checked out at doctors if the other person claimed responsibility to milk the money they get. and if you get it sorted out quickly enough courteousy car to rag about for a few weeks.

PH2 172
Ok well the thing is im 20, and dont want it to affect my insurance? also dont actually have his insurer details as yet, becaus ei was thinking might be best to check about getting it settled outside of insurance, obviously if it doesnt affect me then im not worried! -if anyone could get them and PM me LL51ACO-Citroen Van

Unfortunate thing is that even non fault accidents do go against you. I have been hit twice (in 3 years) and they do take that into consideration when you obtain new quotes. Unfair Yes.

Get his details. Inform your insurance company quickly.

Clio 197 RB
If the incident wasnt your fault it shouldnt affect your no claims bonus at all nor should it raise your insurance premium!!
my car was stationary in a car park and was hit by a truck, it didnt affect my insurance quotes at all!

Just phone your insurance and tell them all details, and if police were involved there should be a CAD number they gave you!!

It still goes against you though, even a non fault. I asked an insurer why they ask about claims (even if they weren't your fault) and was told that you are still deemed a higher risk if you are hit by a third party

Fabia VRS Special Ed
It still goes against you though, even a non fault. I asked an insurer why they ask about claims (even if they weren't your fault) and was told that you are still deemed a higher risk if you are hit by a third party

This is correct. My mum was in hospital a last year and someone went right into the side of the car while the car was parked, everything went through the other party's insurance but my mum's insurance went up almost double as she was deemed "high risk".

If anything I'd have thought you're more likely to be careful and therefore lower risk :s

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's pretty simple, you were involved in an accident therefore you are more likely to have an accident.

Oh and google third part accident management right now and get it sorted, don't phone your insurance if you can get away with it.