ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Somebody Please Help

Clio 1.5 dci
Ok, so its a mk2 dCi & the problem started off intermittently, and it was that i would put my foot down and nothing would happen for 3-4 seconds and then all of a sudden the power would be delivered. So i started off by cleaning the EGR valve but without carb cleaner and it stopped the problem for around 20 miles but then it then came back. So i took the car up to Somerset this morning to get Dan to run the car through CLiP and the only registered fault was with the EGR system so I bought some proper cleaner and some grease and then removed and cleaned the EGR valve again and greased the shaft inside. Drove the car 10 or so miles and it was lovely. Started the car again a few hours later to pop down to the shops and the delay in power was back again so I went into Halfords and bought a bottle of EGR and air intake cleaner which you spray though the system (takes about 10 minutes) and then leave the car to idle for 5 minutes then drive it 10 miles. I did this and took it for the drive and the car was really bogged down still to start with but it began to clear. After it started to clear a 'sticky' spot apeared when going through from 2500rpm to 3300rpm and then as soon as the engine passed through 3300rpm it took off like a rocket (so to speak). The 'sticky' spot disappeared around 15 miles into the drive and i though that I had my much loved diesel back to her former glory but on the way home the 'sticky' spot came back again. So basically, i'm stuck, what do i do next? New EGR valve? The revs take so long to build between 2500rpm and 3300rpm and then gain at normal rate afterwards so I have no idea what it can be.

Any help would be hugely appreciated

James

Megane dci 130
It needs a new egr valve. The problem will be within the position sensor in the valve itself. I don't believe in any of these cleaning additives, pointless.

Clio 1.5 dci
What can cause the position sensor to be faulty? just general wear and tear? and if this was the case why is the problem intermittent?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
EGR Delete??? Ive heard they are more trouble than they are worth.. Cleaned mine the other day though and its like driving a new motor..

Megane dci 130
The copper winding inside the sensor expands and contracts with heat hence causing a fault.

There are two circuits inside the egr valve. The actual feed that opens the valve and the sensor that reads the position of the valve and relays that information back to the ecu so it can verify what it's commanding is what is happening.

Clio 1.5 dci
Well i fitted a new EGR and have driven around 80 miles since and it appears to have cured the problem, cheers for your help guys. The car feels so SO smooth now!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Great news. .. id advise anyone to clean the egr. . Only costs £3 for carb cleaner. ..