ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some tw*ts scratched my car!

Need to vent my frustration somehow!

Got into my 3 week old 182 after work today to find the side panel, about 4 inchs below the rear window, has a chip/gouge taken out of it! Now this seems a really weird place for a stone chip and I certainly didnt hear any stone hit the car when driving also it looks like the kind of damage that would happen if you pressed a key against the paintwork.

I have my suspicions who it could be aswell. I had a mobile alarm fitter come out 2 weeks ago to fit my alarm at work. He told me to park my car over two spaces so he could have all the doors open wide whilst he worked on it. During this time some knob was looking for a parking space and apparently got really annoyed when he couldnt find one and saw mine was taking up 2 spaces. He even tried to force his crappy hyudai coupe into the half space left by the side of my car and only gave up when he couldnt get out of his car. It was my girlfriend that saw this and she said this guy was really mad gesturing to the alarm fitter and waving his arms around. Coincidentally this idiot was in his car parked behind me when I got in my car to come home at 5 today.

Could be being really paranoid but it seems to fit. Anything else happens and that Hyundai will be made into even bigger scrap than it already is!

[Edited by MikeGG on 12 August 2004 at 8:34pm]

Quote: Originally posted by JoelDee on 12 August 2004

hire somone o kill the hyundai bloke

ill do it for free. just supply me with allby, clean clothes a get away car and a f**king big stick with a nail in the end.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

same here, luckaly the only places i leave my car are big half empty carparks, so i park in the middle of no where and the same at work. my car did get scratched tho, stone flicked out on the drivers side and hit the bumper where it meets the side of the body, nice long saratch, and only had it 3 weeks too!!!

Yaris Hybrid

I aim for an empty part of a carpark and always park in an end space so you halve the chances of damage. Before we had internet access at work I used to go to my car with a pocket TV and have lunch there. You wouldnt believe how many people would park next to me whilst I was sat having lunch and open their doors into my car! They would also get out and their zips/handbags etc would all brush along the side of my car. Its amazing how little respect people have for others property when they think no one is watching.

Anyone noticed how if you park a nice car in the middle of a huge deserted carpark, whenever you come back to it there is always some sh1tty car parked next to it even though the carpark is still empty?!?

CTR-GT (FN2)

I try to leave as much room as possible between my car an the drivers side of the car next to me. But I came back from work one day and found a massive yellow paint mark right near the passenger side handle!! It was me f**kin mate an all that had opened the door of his bright yellow Fiat Cinquecento right into me door, there was loads of room as well. I was well pi**ed off bout it, he knew that it was my car n all! Lucky for him I managed to t-cut it off.

Cheers fellas - I always park in end spaces as suggested and right up to the kerb side to give anyone parking the most room possible to open their door etc. I could be being unfair on this geezer but the way my mrs told me the story I cant help thinkin.

PS when does Arctic Blue touch up paint come out?????????

Mini Cooper S sport

Ive already got a little mark on the passenger side where someones opened their door onto me - I find kids are the worst culprits, little b*stards!

Gutted for you..and even more annoying that you cant prove it was him.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i had the same abuse a couple of weeks ago, I always park in an end space at work because I have seen too many doors being opened onto cars by people I work with!

I was having my windscreen replaced so I parked my car over 2 spaces to give the guy room and loads of people at work gave me abuse saying I was inconsiderate even though they knew i was having the windscreen replaced and the car park wasnt even full anyway!

Clio 197

Thats not the best news.... but it happens, I guess.

Megs been keyed already (in the first week). 6-8 inches long.

182, GTR, C63

I would never dream of doing that to someones car. No matter how much i wanted it!!

If i caught someone doing this to my car i wouldnt be phoning the cops. More like an ambulance!

Street Triple R

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 12 August 2004

Anyone noticed how if you park a nice car in the middle of a huge deserted carpark, whenever you come back to it there is always some sh1tty car parked next to it even though the carpark is still empty?!?
lol yep ive noticed this, its always some old banger too :confused:

What an arse, he didnt have the sense to just go elsewhere rather than risk it, his own car too. Maybe the fitter should have found a more suitable stopping place for the job. Shame with any car let alone a new one.

Pretty gutting mate, especially with such a new car. As with others above I also try and park in such a way that there is a reduced chance of damage (ones die to a hedge or kerb for example) but theres never any guarantee that some tw*t wont park like Stevie Wonder and cause some damage. Shame theres no cctv filming the car park in question ( I take it there isnt) as youd get your proof.