ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some opinions needed!

RB 182 Cup
I ordered a set of 15" Ultraleggera's for my cup because I won't to mod my handling + breaks first. I want to use my clio for the odd track day with friends + for social meets. What breaks would you advise for a set of 15"? Would I need to put a new break system in place? Coilovers? Strut brace's? Top mounts? Anti roll bars? Polly bushes? I want to buy a nice steering wheel, that sabelt one looks nice and will match the car colour? I want to do all this properly buying a part a month and then getting someone who know's what his doing to fit it all. Have I missed anything out that I can buy to get fitted?

Budget isn't an issue by the way. I sent this to Chip but his private messages are full so I came on here, hopefully he sees this thread!

^^Haha.

Sounds like you have some good plans for the car. I would start with the 'brakes' if you intend on doing a few trackdays. Brembo HC discs and Ferrodo DS2500 pads are what I have and are a popular set up on here, along with some braided brake lines. Standard callipers are more than sufficient!! Get them from G172 on here.

You seem to have covered a lot already. Only things extra I have, are a stainless exhaust system and some bucket seats with harnesses. If you're going to be doing bit by bit each month (like I did). It's very fun and you can experience just what difference each part makes to the whole package.

But get started, your intentions are good. By the time you get half way through that list I'm sure many many more things will pop up to add to the end of it.

Good luck. Maybe post up a progress thread so people can follow your modification step by step. One thing I forgot to do.

RB 182 Cup
Kit-Kat make great breaks ;)
FML! Haha that had to be said! The joys of being dyslexic. Brake* Anyways thanks for the advice, same as what Chip said bout the BRAKES etc but what bout coilovers? Is G172 a trader or something? Yeah as soon as I get the Ultraleggera's I'll start a progress thread.

Not sure about coilovers as I haven't gone down that route sorry. I have standard cup pack dampers and Eibach sport line lowering springs. And my full setup is perfect for track at the moment.

I'm not sure if G172 is an official trader. Look up his name, it'll say underneath if so. But everyone gets their brakes from him. I wouldn't go anywhere else for pads and discs, he has looked after me. Cheaper than most other places too if I remember correctly..

RB 182 Cup
Ok fair enough mate, well I'll find out sooner down the line about coilovers. I had a set of Eibach on my 1.2. Yeah my mate said just replace the front and rear shocks with standard and then aftermarket springs.

I'll give G172 a pm as the BRAKES* are next on my list lol. Cheers for the help by the way.