ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some ones crashed in to my car ? Help.

TTRS & V50
So someones crashed into my car in the snow and drove off.

Whats my first port of call ?

Stearings out, so somethings bent..

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Ouch. Defiantly police. Is there cctv in the area near where you parked?

TTRS & V50
Lol done that, mate im fuming here. Blatenly a school run cause i live near a primary school. Don't really know who to ask to be fair.

No CCTV i doubt.

No chance im claiming on my insurance, nearly got 3 yncb and never had a crash in nearly 5 years.

TTRS & V50
nsr bumper scrap and ding in quarter next to nsr light and bumper.

nsf wing smashed and nsf bumper scrape and nsf wheel scraped. Also nsf wheel is stickinh inwards, wish bone bent maybe ? Track rod bent ?

Nasty. Inform your local police.

Sounds like it could be expensive to repair yourself, I would go through insurance tbh... thats why you pay the premium each year after all.

TTRS & V50
Police can't do anything, its been reported, but unless some one rings the police and says they have crashed in to my car, then im fubared.

Not too bad, but its the principle.

No way insurance, i refuse to have a claim. I'd say 500-600 quids worth of damage, depending on whats bent. And iirc my excess is something like that.

TTRS & V50
MIB (Motor Insurers' Bureau). Mate got help from these in similar circs

Will try that mate, thanks.

That's harsh as fvck :( I wouldn't dream of driving off if I hit someones car.

Im not parked outside my house though, so it could belong to anyone, plus cant leave a note in this weather, but yeah im stupidly pissed off. Christmas money fixing my car, joy.

You tried a few doors next to where you were parked? Maybe someone saw or heard them hit your car?

Not yet, a lot of houses do overlook it, so someone must have seen something, and im pretty sure it was done in the school drop off this morning, so again, someone must have seen something.

S3, Polo
Get up early and look for a likely culprit tomorrow? :S

If it's a school run person, that is...

Just an option?

320d
Nightmare. It worries me leaving my car on the road where people could slide into it.

Hope you get it sorted mate. Hopefully even catch the culprit.

TTRS & V50
I had a hunch that its some bloke in his black TT that lives on the street. Just saw him pull up, so ran out and asked him, and he owned up to the nsf damage (worst damage) and he showed me what i done to his car, so thats a big weight off my mind. But the nsr is a separate incident i think. Only a dint and some paintwork, but that will have to stay i think.

I had a hunch that its some bloke in his black TT that lives on the street. Just saw him pull up, so ran out and asked him, and he owned up to the nsf damage (worst damage) and he showed me what i done to his car, so thats a big weight off my mind. But the nsr is a separate incident i think. Only a dint and some paintwork, but that will have to stay i think.

Claim and then report him to the police for failing to stop / report at the scene of an accident.

Cnut.

200 FF Storm Grey
^^ Stand next to your car in the morning, chase anyone who doesn't make eye contact...

lol

My suggestion would be to have a look around your estate/street see if any other cars are damaged, if they are question them about it, also if you can be arsed... sit in your car tomorrow around about a similiar time and see what damaged cars drive past

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Make him pay for the damage and if he says no then report him to the police for failure to stop and claim off him

He lives on the same street as me. As if i'm going to get him done. At the end of the day i'm glad i found out who it is.

Still hassle, so clearly pissed off.

indeed... no need to stitch him up to the old bill now that he's done the decent thing and admitted it.

If I were you, when your car goes in for repair (with him paying), ask the bodyshop to quote you for fixing the paintwork on the other corner... will work out cheaper for you to fix this way.

TTRS & V50
My suggestion would be to have a look around your estate/street see if any other cars are damaged, if they are question them about it, also if you can be arsed... sit in your car tomorrow around about a similiar time and see what damaged cars drive past

Done that, every f*****s car on this street has damage, found at anyway.

Make him pay for the damage and if he says no then report him to the police for failure to stop and claim off him

He did say yes to be fair, his TT is pretty nice and i don't think he will fob me off, will have to wait and see, if he does, then insurance claim on his reg.

indeed... no need to stitch him up to the old bill now that he's done the decent thing and admitted it.

If I were you, when your car goes in for repair (with him paying), ask the bodyshop to quote you for fixing the paintwork on the other corner... will work out cheaper for you to fix this way.

Chears mate, appreciate that comment. I think i will do, as it happens i'm awaiting another claim through the council when they damaged my car, lol. So hopefully i can get it all done.

Will post up pics..

TTRS & V50
DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

Where its been moved from impact.

DSC_0063.jpg

Wheel bent..

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

Rear dent and scratches.

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

Tyre tracks.

TTRS & V50
Ding on his nsf wing and scraped nsf alloy.

I've moved my car a little, but i don't want to drive it. Couldn't see anything from looking under, the diss-advantage of being so low though.

Shhh

Claim off his insurance and they will repair it all.

You risk the car being written off. The car value is <£2000 and your looking about £2000 to repair that.

£300 front bumper
£150 new wing
£100 wheel
£100 new tyre
£100 wish-bone / track rod (plus wheel alignment)

Plus quarter-panel area damage

First Step -

Get your insurance documents and make sure your covered for the car in its standard fitment, so everything thats fitted is declared.

You should claim from your insurance, who will repair the car and claim from them. You keep your NCB but still have to declare it in the future.

TTRS & V50
Claim off his insurance and they will repair it all.

You risk the car being written off. The car value is <£2000 and your looking about £2000 to repair that.

£300 front bumper
£150 new wing
£100 wheel
£100 new tyre
£100 wish-bone / track rod (plus wheel alignment)

Plus quarter-panel area damage

First Step -

Get your insurance documents and make sure your covered for the car in its standard fitment, so everything thats fitted is declared.

You should claim from your insurance, who will repair the car and claim from them. You keep your NCB but still have to declare it in the future.

Do remember he slid into my car.

My car isn't worth 2k.

I don't need a new front bumper, wheels will refurb, tyre seems ok, plus only costs 60 quid.

Rear damage i believe to be a separate incident, no way he could have done it looking at tyre tracks and his car damage.

I will speak to him tomorrow.

Thanks though.

MINI FJCW
Same thing happened to me mate, but not as bad, about 3 weeks ago.

Ive got a small dent, on my passenger rear side, and then a whole load of scratches and white paint going half way up my passenger front door. Must of been a dodgy van driver.

Was fuming at the time, and got quoted £300 to get it all repaired.

Luckily in your situation you know who it is. Good luck with it.

Twingo 133 Cup
i lost my 3 years ncb a week before christmas because a guy pulled out infront o me and i hit the back o him so insurance decide cause i hit the back o him am at fault (wheres the fairness in that) my ncb will only be reinstated if he admits he was at fault ad what do we suppose the chance of that this

lets re cap
lost 3 years ncb
lost 600 quid excess
gained an expensive premium next year

al this because some folk cant look before they exit a junction

Shhh
Do remember he slid into my car.

My car isn't worth 2k.

I don't need a new front bumper, wheels will refurb, tyre seems ok, plus only costs 60 quid.

Rear damage i believe to be a separate incident, no way he could have done it looking at tyre tracks and his car damage.

I will speak to him tomorrow.

Thanks though.

They wont just repair that section of the car.

It will go 2 ways,

1) They repair all of it and his insurance pays
2) They repair all of it, give his insurance company a bill and give your insurance company a bill for the repair.