ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some of my photos from Waxstock 2012 ('Swirl Police' inside!)

Me and my dad travelled up the night before and stayed over, so that I could be up detailing the car at 6:30am before the show, ready for the Detailing World Showdown..

I thought it was one of the best car shows I've been to tbh, met some really decent people as well.

A few photos of the Clio inside throughout the day:

During a final coat of Carbon

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

One with the 'Swirl Police'..

IMG_1466.jpg

I came across two very nice guys from Ultimate Shine in Scotland and they offered to give the bootlid a coat of their exclusive glitter-charged wax. The photo doesn't show it up, but the wax has flecks of (non-abrasive) glitter in!

IMG_1471.jpg

A few more photos from the show:

KDS Detailing's Aventador

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

The retailers section

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

Paintshield's 458

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

Wolfgang's Noble?

IMG_1455.jpg

Under the bonnet of a special little Beetle in the competition

IMG_1456.jpg

Two guys cooking up some wax, the one on the right was the speaker, very odd.

IMG_1460.jpg

And on the way home a few of the Clio and my dads 335.

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

I managed to win the Angelwax raffle at the end, winning these 4 waxes that were the first off the production line!

IMG_1480.jpg

It was a great day out and I will definitely be going back next year, hope you enjoyed the photos!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a c**t-fest. No offence intended.

The Celica was easily the cleanest I seen in the pics.

I managed 6th out of the 16.

Shame I didn't get down on the Saturday to prep in the day really, was rushed in the morning.

As has been said, there were a few garage queens that arrived on trailers, so beating them was almost impossible!

The Mini that won was immaculate in every way possible, even the undercarriage was waxed and it still had the stickers on the tyres.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I managed 6th out of the 16.

Shame I didn't get down on the Saturday to prep in the day really, was rushed in the morning.

As has been said, there were a few garage queens that arrived on trailers, so beating them was almost impossible!

The Mini that won was immaculate in every way possible, even the undercarriage was waxed and it still had the stickers on the tyres.

FLOL, you have to ask yourself, even as a detailer, WTF is the point?

I'm sure I'm right in saying you enjoy your clio as well as polish the f**k out of it?

Next time I buy a brand new car I may stick it up on block, do some "miles" then get it trailered to a show, just so I can win. YAY

Well done on 6th mate, nice one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly the arseholes outweigh the genuine folk in the industry.

FLOL, you have to ask yourself, even as a detailer, WTF is the point?

I'm sure I'm right in saying you enjoy your clio as well as polish the f**k out of it?

Next time I buy a brand new car I may stick it up on block, do some "miles" then get it trailered to a show, just so I can win. YAY

Well done on 6th mate, nice one.

You aren't wrong mate, I just want to have my car looking it's best, for the longest, so that it can be driven without getting filthy straight away!

There is more effort involved in getting a daily driver to that standard as well imo.

Thanks. :)

I thought the Lupo won?

And echo Kev's comments sadly. Talk about James from AutoFinesse being a bit of a let down as well?? Shame.

Thanks Craig!

I honestly can't remember, it was the Mini and the Lupo 1st/2nd though.

James came round with a bag for all the finalists with an air freshener, Crystal and Finale 500ml bottles, which was good of them.

They market themselves VERY well online tbh, they weren't as professional-looking in person as many of the other traders though and weren't willing to stop for a chat.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Got any pics of the 3 door sierra in the background?

Always impresses me more when old cars are in good nick than new ones TBH

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Oh its a 500, even better :)

Sexy car!

(the bottom one obviously, not that hideous XR4 thing above it, lol)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Should think thats a 40K+ car now potentially to the right person if its genuine, although god knows why its on those hateful wheels, lol.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Got any pics of the 3 door sierra in the background?

Always impresses me more when old cars are in good nick than new ones TBH

This.

No offense but keeping a what 2 year old Clio up to that standard is nowhere near as hard as a car that is 20+ years old.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
This.

No offense but keeping a what 2 year old Clio up to that standard is nowhere near as hard as a car that is 20+ years old.

Although, they are so poor from the factory in terms of paint finish etc, it is a fair bit of work just to get them right in the first place, so it is still some work.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
This.

Not really fair considering the Mini has probably been off the road 10 years getting restored. :S

Should think thats a 40K+ car now potentially to the right person if its genuine, although god knows why its on those hateful wheels, lol.

It had some performance work done to the engine as well, very quick apparently.

Again, a valid point, but not as hard as you would think mate, especially if it has been maintained.

You only need to do the hard work once a year, decontaminating and correction, which can take just as long on a poorly washed new car as one like the above which could have been pampered all it's life.

Some of the cars there on Sunday hadn't been 'driven' in years!

The Sierra owner said there is only something like 100 of them left out of the 500.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It had some performance work done to the engine as well, very quick apparently.

Again, a valid point, but not as hard as you would think mate, especially if it has been maintained.

You only need to do the hard work once a year, decontaminating and correction, which can take just as long on a poorly washed new car as one like the above which could have been pampered all it's life.

Some of the cars there on Sunday hadn't been 'driven' in years!

The Sierra owner said there is only something like 100 of them left out of the 500.

If he said that, he was wrong, lol

But they are a rare car, especially in white, as only 52 white ones made IIRC

Looks a good show - and some of the rare cars like the cossie I can understand, especially if it's still got original paint, but having an aventador or ferrari and just polishing it is criminal. They're not exactly good looking cars and they definitely weren't built to be cleaned