ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some advice needed first attempted correction.

Black Sheep
A while back when I first started to get into detailing you guys kindly helped me out and I was a total novice but you got me started with a good range of products and how to use them JD was probaly fed up, since he seems to guide noobs on a daily basis but keeps going! I have ordered the menz rotary kit recommended by gally for even beginners to try and do my first correction on my swirled pearl black 172. Some new powder coated anthracite turinis are in the process to put on after the job is done for the added mint factor set me back £400 all in. I have got my blue tape ordered. Can you guys give me a basic guide of what I should be doing. I am going to do a write up to help other beginners hopefully cause there seems to be a lot of interest on here for the rotary sold on clean your car, for people like me who want to start correcting the paint work.

Thanks

Slob

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Have a look at the rotary guide on detailing world, practise on a scrap panel to get used to the machine :)

Black Sheep
Is that what you are doing;) my mate says I can practice on his ford focus that he bought for 150 basically so he can get a free detail! One of the main things I want to know is what to do with the tape. Do you just use it to protect the edges or is it to prevent polish residue also.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Is that what you are doing;) my mate says I can practice on his ford focus that he bought for 150 basically so he can get a free detail! One of the main things I want to know is what to do with the tape. Do you just use it to protect the edges or is it to prevent polish residue also.

Use the tape to mask off black plastic trim so that you dont get polish on the trim. Mask off edges that you have already done so that you dont polish over that area again. Can also use it for dividing panels into sections so that you can polish small areas at a time as you wont want to be doing a whole bonnet or whatever at once