ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some absolute ******- body shop required bheath dart area

Arctic 182
Found this after getting out of my car this morning. So angry someones done this and not left a note or anything. was parked down the gfs road last night. left notes round peopke houses. im going to see if i can polish the scuffs out, what do peeople think about the dent? Im also looking for a good bodyshop in the bexleyheath area.

20120122_125525.jpg

RS6 C7
You might be able to find a door on ebay in that colour, Probably cheaper than getting it repaired, Looks like someone has kicked it :(

Nasty. Fill and paint door, blend the wing for colour match purposes. You're going to be a few hundred quid out of pocket I'm afraid.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
No ones kicked that, it's a large white coloured bumper running front to rear. New skin needed.

Titanium 182
Is that a crease vertically adjacent to the shut line? If not, it should pop back out through the use of a decent dent repairer - give a call around a see if they can quote you happy! Should be able to get 99% of the scratch out with a good polish, but obviously without seeing/feeling in person I wouldn't know. Good luck!

Arctic 182
Cheers for the suggestions guys, i'm going to compare the quote from a bodyshop to that of a new door.

Judging from where it was parked it looks like the house opposite has reversed out and gone into the side of her. There is not visible marks to either of their cars. Does the fact that the scuff on my car look like it's white suggest that it was a white car that would have gone into it?

AAAARGGHHH i'm soooo angry

Remember that even if you do buy a second hand door, there's still a chance it may not match your car if there is more than one shade of Arctic Blue. Never painted it before so not sure if there is or not.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
GL coachworks sidcup-

Powdercroft lane- Gary owns it- just mention clio steve ( thats how they know me!)
S

Your in luck! according to our paint schema we use, only a "standard" shade for J41.......so if you can find a good door you might be in luck, but yeh it you have it sprayed, blend the wing and the door and the door with rear 1/4.

61 088
TRX BASE
61 063
LIGHT BLUE
61 052
SOLID AMARANTH
61 092
MEDIUM LENS SILVER
61 093
MEDIUM SILVER
61 172
MICA REFLEX GREEN
61 062
COLD BLUE
Lt.: 1.05
Gr.: 1,000.0

Screw putting filler or anything nasty in that, new door far easier. Used doors are cheap as chips anyway......2 a penny. Its a b*tch, but could be much much worse, could be in the rear 1/4......happend to my Supra, crease in rear 1/4 ultimate fail.

Cheers,
Si

Last edited:
  Arctic 182
Your in luck! according to our paint schema we use, only a "standard" shade for J41.......so if you can find a good door you might be in luck, but yeh it you have it sprayed, blend the wing and the door and the door with rear 1/4.

61 088
TRX BASE
61 063
LIGHT BLUE
61 052
SOLID AMARANTH
61 092
MEDIUM LENS SILVER
61 093
MEDIUM SILVER
61 172
MICA REFLEX GREEN
61 062
COLD BLUE
Lt.: 1.05
Gr.: 1,000.0

Screw putting filler or anything nasty in that, new door far easier. Used doors are cheap as chips anyway......2 a penny. Its a b*tch, but could be much much worse, could be in the rear 1/4......happend to my Supra, crease in rear 1/4 ultimate fail.

Cheers,
Si

Sorry mate but i have read your message about three times and can't understand what you are trying to say. Where are you based?

Sorry what i ment is,

Our paint system says there is ony 1 shade of J41, so there is very good chance of finding a door that matches decently with the car. Id try a door in the right colour, before i went to a bodyshop to be honest (shot self in foot), as if you want it to look perfect the bills going to be big!.

Cheers,
Si

Arctic 182
Sorry what i ment is,

Our paint system says there is ony 1 shade of J41, so there is very good chance of finding a door that matches decently with the car. Id try a door in the right colour, before i went to a bodyshop to be honest (shot self in foot), as if you want it to look perfect the bills going to be big!.

Cheers,
Si

Thanks for he honest message. I've been to bodyshop 1 and the quote is 440quid, to say im fuc** off is an understatment! Could have bought a Yozza for that!

So if i was to purchase a door in the same colour then it may still actually be noticeable?

Clio 1.4 dynamic
I have always had dent master or chips away for my car and their top lads it may just be worth getting a quote from them

Alfa 75 Rally Car
Hi

You could try Palmer Brothers in Mottingham. I've known him for years, he's a big name in the Mini world he does bodywork for all makes. Ask for Kevin or Dennis (the owners).

His workmanship is first class, his Mini are world renown.

ITB BG 182

Its gutting knowing some t**t has pranged your car, then drove off knowing they have not told you.

Im sure the pain guru's on here might say I'm wrong with this.

But a friend of mine had a dent similar to this, how he got rid of 90% was warm the panel up with a hair dryer till it was hot, then got a canister of air clean and using it upside down spray it on to the hot panel straight away.
Use gloves tho as it gets very cold and cover the whole area, when it warmed up the panel just popped out.

Arctic 182
Its gutting knowing some t**t has pranged your car, then drove off knowing they have not told you.

Im sure the pain guru's on here might say I'm wrong with this.

But a friend of mine had a dent similar to this, how he got rid of 90% was warm the panel up with a hair dryer till it was hot, then got a canister of air clean and using it upside down spray it on to the hot panel straight away.
Use gloves tho as it gets very cold and cover the whole area, when it warmed up the panel just popped out.

thanks for the suggestion but i wouldnt trust myself. ive got her booked in for next weds £225 which i think is pretty reasonable!

You also cant see in the picture but its taken some paint off down to the metal

Renault Clio
i had something like that done to my old car. but mine was a 4x4 which reversed into my car when it was parked by my girlfriends house.
but mine was rear passenger side.

id personally get it checked my car ended up with more damage underneath.

it does knock you sick.

i had a quote around £200 mark

the amount of times ive seen people reverse into/ open doors into/ turn and scrape peoples cars and drive off is ludicrous

Same thing happened to me a few months back in asda bheath, they turned into a space next to me and took half the door out like yours, unfortunately for them I was in the car

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Remember that even if you do buy a second hand door, there's still a chance it may not match your car if there is more than one shade of Arctic Blue. Never painted it before so not sure if there is or not.

Correct. I bought a secondhand door for a Cup. Put it on and it was different. Had the whole side done flashed over, looked fresh then

BTW I got the whole side done for £300, proper job (i'm fussy as f**k btw). That was me stripping the side down, bump strips, lights popped out, side repeater, window rubbers, mirrors, and door handle. That was an interesting drive down!

Bullet needs a shove towards the rear of the car, no biggie ;)