ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Solution/answer = preheating/electronic warning light

53 Clio 172
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-3.png
dash.jpg
attachment.jpg

This warning light came on and the engine went into LIMP MODE where it wouldn't let me rev above 3000rpm. I have taken this to renault and the problem was a throttle potentiometer. I had no idea what this was so thought i would post up just incse anybody else had this problem/fault.

Hope this helps somebody out.

Attachments

• 2dash.JPG
    2dash.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 523
  Clio sport 182 black
Got this issue right now. Starting to happen more and more and at high speeds. My local garage said it was the same thing issue you mentioned. The other difference was my engine management light came on, so they scanned it, confirmed the issue and reset it. About 10 days later the engine management light came on for a day then it went back off. The garage want to scan the car again when the engine management is on, so they can confirm it is the same issue and order the part. Problem the engine management light has come back on but i still get the icon come up now and again on the dash.

driving me insane!

Did you get it sorted and how much was it mate?

This happened to mine cost me £350, they had to re-wire the throttle body and then bypass a certain component.

2007 clio 2 phase 2
same problem on 1.2 16alve clio thought this might help or if somebody has found sulotion for it

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-04-03 at 7.59.43 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-03 at 7.59.43 AM (1).jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 126