ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Solid top mounts Which are best?

Ph1 172
is there that much of a difference in the solid top mounts compared to buying fresh new standard rubber ones??

172cup turbo & rx8
Take a look at the "pure motorsport" setup with the brace, I've bought this but cannot give a proper review there not fitted yet,

come highly recommended tho

clio 172 phase 2
I got the pms kit . Its very good turn in is much sharper . I find alot more harsher with road use . More road noise i thought also but the way the kit makes your car handle makes up for that IMO .

Lionel Richie
Is this the kit BTM supply and fit?

we recommend it definatley (with the strut brace!), you can buy it from Pure motorsport yourself and get it fitted anywhere, we supply all ther gear but only for cars coming to our workshop same prices as shown on their website, Nick is a top chap, ex prodrive etc etc

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
sorry to say it Kyle, certanly not shocking seeing as renault have used the same top mount for cira 30years now with slght updates along the way

Oh have they i no a lot of people slate the oem mounts so there not that bad then? I think im gonna go for the pure motorsport eventually its really highly recommended :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I like the pure ones, work well, well made, and spare parts available to keep it all working long term.

Wish he did his wheel studs that Mick mentions in different lengths though, they are a bit over the top length wise if you arent running massive spacers.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
If you have the PM ones with the strut brace, can you still have the engine cover on the car?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
AST's are a pain in the arse mate, the bolts always snap inside the top mounts so they're a ball ache to get out.

I cant remember how much the Pure kit is, however you've got to drill the strut turret out to fit them and I dont fancy drilling holes in my car anymore lol.

Mental 172 Cup
I like the pure ones, work well, well made, and spare parts available to keep it all working long term.

Wish he did his wheel studs that Mick mentions in different lengths though, they are a bit over the top length wise if you arent running massive spacers.

Depends what wheels you have IMO..

Mental 172 Cup
I have 5mm spacers on turinis and they look okay, but agree if they were fitted to 172 wheels or something similar they look ridiculous..

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We've got some on turinis and there is at least an inch of unused stud, its just weight that serves no purpose.
I realise why they are like that for if people need to run big spacers but it would be nice if they did them shorter too for those of us who don't want to.

Mental 172 Cup
Yeh. You can buy them from demon tweeks to whatever spec you want. Costs roughly the same as PM stud kit..

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
AST's are a pain in the arse mate, the bolts always snap inside the top mounts so they're a ball ache to get out.

I cant remember how much the Pure kit is, however you've got to drill the strut turret out to fit them and I dont fancy drilling holes in my car anymore lol.

I feel your pain mate just took mine off with a view to sell em on here and two of the bolts snapped so gotta try and get them out now deep joy!

I ran 'em for two years enjoyed them, but were too hard for daily use in my eyes now I have a bit more commuting to do.
I went back to OE setup and it feels pretty good now that everything is new TBH.