ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sold it to Dan :(

53 Clio's & counting
Thought i'd best explain for anyone who may want to know.

As I am still looking for a job, I didn't really have too much choice. As some of you know I do have two offers in the pipe line, but I am still waiting on confirmation for both/either, and as we know, anything can happen so I am certainly not going to wait and expect to get offered both.

So I have been looking at my options, and the first thing in the firing line was always going to be the Clio - it is a toy, only used on nice days, so it was a privilege, not a necessity. (And it goes without saying family comes first)

So I made the decision to sell it in case I don't get one of these jobs. The money from the sale will pay the bills for another 3 months, so it was a no brainer really, though I have held off as far as I can before selling :(

So knowing how much Dan loves my Clio (and the fact he is one of my closest mates) I knew it was going to a good home, so we came to an agreement on it, I got his A3 3.2 Quattro to sell and get first refusal to get it back.

So there we have it, I am sat here f**king gutted - bear in mind it's a piece of metal I'm not quite sure why, but obviously family first and paying the bills is more important than a car.

So enjoy it Dan, and I will steal it as much as possible lol.

But all is not lost, a mate of mine has been in touch, and I am going to be having his Ph1 172 Exclusive off him (That will be my 4th Exclusive) for pocket change, so still in a Clio lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
ANOTHER bloody exclusive? You must collect them!

Sorry to hear about your situation, wish you the best of luck so you can buy it back again!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Sorry to hear mate but needs must and you're doing right thing. At least you'll be in another soon, chin up! :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm feeling sorry for the paintwork already. Dan (and I mean this in the nicest possible way!) is all about underneath rather than the shiny bits!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Exclusives are awesome, the fact so many people hate the colour combination of the semen coloured leather against the mental green paint makes me smile knowing their getting cheaper all the time!

I'd have another in a heartbeat, adore them.

Also chin up big fella, a man of your calibre wont be idle for long i wont imagine!x

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
A tough decision, but the right one given the current situation. :) Best of luck mate and it's only a matter of time until things pick up again. I knew you'd still be in a Clio of some sort though...

53 Clio's & counting
Thanks for all the kind words guys, I will have it back, just have to sit tight for a while - plus Dan will only improve it so it should be better once I get it back lol

I'm feeling sorry for the paintwork already. Dan (and I mean this in the nicest possible way!) is all about underneath rather than the shiny bits!

I do know how to polish a car ;)

D864389F-75BA-4EAB-8E43-150BE78A0383-1397-00000038BF35B5D0_zps98d06964.jpg

137E5AFA-9BFB-4132-A6BE-ECDC75310D8F-1397-00000038BEA8B3B1_zps55abd9d4.jpg

But don't worry, it'll be very well looked after. It decided to break down earlier too. Lol. One new fuel line and it was all sorted.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
At least is has a good home :)

Although I do also share concerns about Dan's cleaning skills!

GL with the hunting Russ

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Sorry hear your position Russ. I've been made redundant before and it sucks waiting for jobs to come up and actually get offers so good luck fella.

Dan enjoy it that's one stunning Clio you've got. Hope your at fcs in it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I really hope it doesnt stay all gay and slow on the throttle bodies for too long, poor thing well and truely deserves some torque in its life!