ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So you said it couldn't be done... 182 Bought!

Clio 182
Lol. Something tells me your post count is going to go up rapidly in the 'Faults, Problems and Solutions' section ;)

Lol! I seriously hope not.

I'm looking forward to my ownership of this car, it was great the whole way down, easily sat at 70mph with no issues.

53 Clio's & counting
No one is doubting the actual running of the car mate, more that if you don't get the belt changed then it won't be running for very long

Ibiza FR Edition
carsalesman-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Haha this really made me laugh!

500 Twinair
I wouldn't plan on getting it done, get it done, it would be such a shame if the belts snapped and ruined you're engine, especially on such a low mileage example, while you're getting the belts done, get it serviced to make sure the oil has been changed etc.
Good luck.

Clio 182
The car has RenaultSport 182 on all the wheels and on the rear windows, looks standard but I don't think it is.

:drive:

35cGC.jpg

6cyHQ.jpg

Vy7id.jpg

FaC9G.jpg

Qp2H1.jpg

I plan to keep the car OEM+. I already have wheels in mind and a few subtle modifications

Im not finding the brakes that great, I think the brakes on my Corsa were better, they're the same size but the Corsa was lighter (I think)

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Orange side repeaters on an '05?

*On a 182, even. I thought they were only orange on 172s. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
You haven't 'done it' though have you.

If it needs belts/dephaser then you're looking at £600 minimum. So that takes your £2600 upto to £3200 which is what we all told you to spend in the first place.

So, we'll eat those apples, you suck on that lemon.

Basically this...

He'll be sucking on his bottom pulley though not a lemon.

Did you do a HPI check on it?

That said it does look tidy, just don't take another one off the road by neglecting your belts

53 Clio's & counting
I think it's becuase im so used to seeing cup packs, but the 182 wheels in bright silver look a little odd to me now

looks a tidy car mind

Car - £2600
Cambelt change - circa £550 (dephaser dependant)
x2 tyres - Circa £120 (make dependant)
new window motor £100 from ECP (id guess it will it that, as i had the same issue)

£3370 - Still a good price for the mileage, id have said with all the above bits done it would be worth somewhere around £3500-£4000 if the history is good.

Does it have much history mate? Even the mileage is low, it should still have been serviced close to once a year IMO

Last edited:

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
end of the day tho, its a car hes happy with and hes happy with the price and value hes got.

even with belts done its still going to be a nice car and hey, we all need to buy tyres sooner or later.

lets welcome him to the club and forum :)

Mk2 Ph2 172
I think this is a great buy tbh.....

At that price once the belts done and few other bits even if he stuck 20k miles on it in the next year he would not make a loss if wanted to sell on !!!

White clique
Orange side repeaters on an '05?

*On a 182, even. I thought they were only orange on 172s. Just sayin'.

hmm yes indeed. And those stickers??

Basically get the belts done, the stickers off, find out why the indicators were changed (could have just been cosmetic, but a bit weird) and other than that it looks very smart.

182 FF sport clio RB
Sounds like you picked up a good one. I wouldn't bother with the belts. Overrated.

If you want to drive your nice new car with the worry of the cam belt going every time you put your foot down on a car 2 years over due, take Roy Munsons advice.

However if you want to have a bit of fun in it and not worry that any time now the belt could go, then take the rest of the forums advice, GET IT DONE!

My mates went and he paid out a good 1500 quid + to get everything sorted.

Have fun in your new car though, I know I am :)

Audi A3
to be fair once everything is done it still seems a good buy. not fantastic onve tyres and belts etc are done and then you mention brakes too

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

If it needs belts/dephaser then you're looking at £600 minimum. So that takes your £2600 upto to £3200 which is what we all told you to spend in the first place.

FLOL !! THIS is just what i was goin to type !! bet if you get all these bits done as well as the other SMALL jobs that may well crop up by end of year you will be nearer 4K .
You will now also be too embarrassed to post any any PROBLEM threads up and just tell everyone one here its a minter I got a bargain !!
I may be wrong but i doubt it , I have owned my 172 from new 10 years in sept and along with a lot of others on here, know the cars very well and what problems they have and what it cost to maintain them correctly we were not havin a dig , just giving advice that you asked for, see whos right in 6 months time :D.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The car is on an 05 plate, with 28,000 miles and I paid £2595!

Not bad, although looking at the pictures, it is a non-cup pack pack silver 182, ie the least desirable out of the lot.

It is also waaaay overdue a cambelt service, so yeah, its a pretty decent deal, but it will end up costing you £3.5k all in really.

What service history does it have just out of interest, by now, even with such low mileage, it should have 6/7 stamps in the book, ie every 12 months.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Good luck with the car-

I would say you have bought cheap & got a reasonable car for that price-

A lot of people dont have the initial funds to plough 3.5/4k into a 182 ( some do)-

its a bargain price, but does require some investment as you go along-
I would say cambelt as a matter of urgency which puts you up to 3k-

Then as you get some money put aside after the tyres those silver wheels need a refurb- I would suggest going for the anthricite colour -
Again, down the line add the cup spoiler for 150 quid & with coilovers your there-

Pricing it up I would say
2600 car
3100 Belts
3200 tyres
3350 wheels refurbed
3600 coilovers
3750 Spoiler

So in the end a good car- sub 30k miles for a price thats comparable to the current market (ISH)- if you was to sell that next year you may squeeze 3k

so £750 loss in a year isnt to bad-

best of luck- enjoy the car but get the belts done ASAP

S

Discounted 1*2 parts

lol

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Front end seems to have been painted correctly if it has, as its got the bumper stickers.

Still looks a good car for the money, with cracking mileage

Why are people so obsessed with mileage

That thing has barely moved - the engine will had done lots of very short journeys which is about the worst thing you can do with them - and EVERYTHING will be seized

My 172 Cup had done over 85k when I got it - and has now done 115k. It made 194bhp on the rollers and gets absolutely thrashed everywhere - it's been bullet proof for 2 years. Not a single thing has ever gone wrong with it

Low mileage cars that have never had cambelts done are a ticking time bomb :(

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Like everyone else says you haven't really "done it" so no one will be "liking your apples"

You have bought a cheap car that needs things doing to it to bring it up to a decent standard. In the end its going to cost you about the same as what buying a decent one would of cost you as long as the belt doesn't go before you have a chance to change it.....

Service history? Owners? Why are there stickers on the wheels! LOL

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Why are people so obsessed with mileage

That thing has barely moved - the engine will had done lots of very short journeys which is about the worst thing you can do with them - and EVERYTHING will be seized

No idea. Wouldn't have touched this at all TBH.

It cracks me up when people put up wanted threads asking for sub 70k cars for instance.. good move, as you haven't done any homework that'll be due a cambelt next week if it's not already overdue !

Exactly!

Mine cost me £2,500 two years ago with a recent cambelt and dephaser change, 2 full oil changes a year for the past 4 years and a book of service history that I could kill someone with - it's about 3" thick lol

It's passed every MOT without any work, it's never broken down, and it's now running throttle bodies and getting abused round track every month.

I had a 106 GTi that I bought because it was on VERY low mileage (40k) - all the bolts were seized, it was covered in rust and rot from sitting around. The constant short runs meant the rockers were full of mayo - it was such a shed :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No cup packs and no belts done. Billy bargain to me.

I'm off to do a hpi on it.