ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SO... SHOULD I SPEND ALL THIS MONEY ON THE CUP......?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
is everyone failing to read this thread? he likes clios, he wants to enjoy the building process

so he should go and buy an mx5?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
is everyone failing to read this thread? he likes clios, he wants to enjoy the building process

so he should go and buy an mx5?

Indeed!

If the thread was "is this the best value end product to enjoy on a trackday" then the reponses in this thread would make more sense.

Clio 172 Cup Edition
lots more replies since i last looked at this thread!!
I appreciate the varied oppinions this forum has to offer, and the latter oppinions have definatly made me feel happier about the whole project.

After speaking with Chi the other night about different options I've decided to get the car track ready in standard form and do a track day at oulton in it, the plan is to get Chi there the same day in one of his highly modified specimines and have a go of that too, i can then decide where i want to be.... I already know its going to be the latter!!!

After then, I've decided to sell the Clio on in standard form and buy somthing thats already had alot of work done to it, then spend the rest of the budget adding more mods and perfecting that car.

Thanks to Chi's advice i should definatly end up with a much better car for the same budget..... hopfuly a fully loaded track Track 182.... maybee a trophy.....

Anyway, i'll be sharing my experience of repairing the cup and my first track day with you guys. The upside to this rout is i dont have to wait till after september for the first track day :clap:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398434722093.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398434722093.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 60
  430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Nice looking install. My engines not in yet, but it does look pretty cool already I think. James is installing it and is a proper bufty, he even colour coded my brake lines... all my cars and trackcars are kept pretty bufty on outside and inside and under bonnet. Cant stand tatty things.

BC361278-9FE3-4434-A9CE-1B1F9C4EADB5_zpsej7mes8r.jpg

47BC99F0-6872-4692-AC63-93C8EE7A2417_zpsonv4vyxw.jpg

8ADEFD7A-B562-4D68-8F67-417273C0D8AB_zpsq3wlpub1.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cracking work Lee, loving them brakes. :cool:

Working on the old Aston Martins, i just find myself carring across the high standards onto my own car. :)

uza6unav.jpg

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Thanks. Gonna get James to Paint the Alcon sign and the wording on the brakes in blue. Should look spunky. :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Have you got a link to the brakes, do they come as a kit or so you have to make the kit up matey?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I love nice looking engines, but I do agree that if its a trackday car then perfect exterior paint is an expensive luxury given the inevitable scrapes it will get a some point.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Have you got a link to the brakes, do they come as a kit or so you have to make the kit up matey?

You can just buy the lines in any colour you want already made for common cars like the clio mate, I had some blue ones on my old blue mk1.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
You can just buy the lines in any colour you want already made for common cars like the clio mate, I had some blue ones on my old blue mk1.

Sorry Chip I ment the disc and calipers.

I've already got the Hel stainless lines. :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Thanks. Gonna get James to Paint the Alcon sign and the wording on the brakes in blue. Should look spunky. :)

Alcon brakes are EPIC.

I had them on the race car, the clio could stop on a sixpence.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
I had the last kit off James... sure he could put another one together for you if needed. TOTALLY not needed though!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
surely they just lock up the wheels all the time, deft touch on the pedal required :)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
I love nice looking engines, but I do agree that if its a trackday car then perfect exterior paint is an expensive luxury given the inevitable scrapes it will get a some point.

Agree... but a nice luxury! over 8,000 track miles on my ExigeS now. weirdly though only the Splitter has ever needed any attention... although I do realise I am now gonna totally write the car off next time out after saying this!!! DOH!

shiny track car :)
6FACF8C8-CFA5-41A1-99EB-081F49D3C440_zpskmchm5jz.jpg

88CC17E2-CCB8-438A-9300-E855EA8DAAA3_zpsxdn77rru.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sorry Chip I ment the disc and calipers.

I've already got the Hel stainless lines. :)

They are a couple of K worth of brakes, and probably overkill.

The wilwood kit that porkie had on before was very good (now re-purposed onto my mk1) and is only 699 inc vat to buy new :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Agree... but a nice luxury! over 8,000 track miles on my ExigeS now. weirdly though only the Splitter has ever needed any attention... although I do realise I am now gonna totally write the car off next time out after saying this!!! DOH!

shiny track car :)
6FACF8C8-CFA5-41A1-99EB-081F49D3C440_zpskmchm5jz.jpg

88CC17E2-CCB8-438A-9300-E855EA8DAAA3_zpsxdn77rru.jpg

Nice BMX. :D

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
They are a couple of K worth of brakes, and probably overkill.

The wilwood kit that porkie had on before was very good (now re-purposed onto my mk1) and is only 699 inc vat to buy new :)

I knew they'd be expensive, i've been looking at that kit along with the same kit but in the 295mm spec with the separate bell's and rotas.

Also the K-Sport kit and the kit that Hi Spec sell.

Cheers for the info mate. :)

Volvo S60 T5
No...

I done the same spunked loads of cash on my old Flamer , then got old and wished I had spent the money on beer instead haha

Clio Cup
Up to you - But id go with now

Mines cost a 3rd of the complete done and finished - Leaves many more money for time behind the wheel which to me , is what its about , even though building it was fun alot of "track Cars" on here spend more time being build or in bits than anywhere near a track

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Hi Shaun, I had the same dilemma as you have now a month ago..... Bottom line I went for it and built one for the track. My initial build photos are In the gallery, haven't regretted any of it. Similar spec to your list above and to be fair still going lol.....

couple of my mates did the same, one just sold his 52 cup for 5.5k so you most possibly won't be out of pocket if you do decide to sell, just keep a good record of everything you do and the receipts of course....

it is all down to personnel circumstance and how far you want to go... :S, regardless it will be fun in fairly standard or modified form and the grin factor will be there guaranteed!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Funny, im toying with buying this off of a friend of mine.

Its a 1983 Mongoose that he has built from NOS parts.

We must be around the same ages then Lee. :)

IMG_0296_zpse600dbbb.gif

IMG_0299_zps59e56fd3.gif