ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So i managed to make a **** up of my iphone 4 (All contacts lost)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Right, I'm a noob when it comes to this kinda stuff, Backed up (or so i thought) my iphone 4, Updated the software to the ios6. then restored my phone, i didnt have icloud before now, and set it up earlier, But thats irrelevant.

Its now 3 in the morning and i have everything on my phone, Except contacts and messages?? I've put the phone back to factory settings then restored it to the last back up. And once again everytings there bar contacts + messages.

Anyone shine some light on this? or have i just lost the lot? :dead:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Oh Stu you plonker you.

I'm not hugely clued up but I'm bored so thought I'll try help where I can.

When you go into settings>icloud do you have it selected as ON on contacts/mail etc?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
yeah had that on / off etc aswell. but icloud is showing that none of its memory has been used. But more to the point, I'm in need of a new fone now! so ill worry about this when i get hold one one lol

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ohh not good mate, sounds like you may have lost the lot but these phones are confusing so hopefully someone can offer some better help lol.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've had this before.

Its not happened for a while but I'm certain the fix was turning iCloud off and back on again on your phone or something along the lines of that.

Bus w**ker
Depends on where your contacts were stored (obviously not iCloud). Were they syncing from Gmail or anything like that or were you a complete r****d and having them only on your phone? Have you checked in iTunes to see what (if anything) is checked option wise under Sync Contacts? That's pretty much your only hope.