ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snow foam lance worth the money

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
As title

Just got a pressure washer (karcher) mainly for patio and drive but I was going to use in the car as well

Is it worth investing in a snow foam lance and solution or just stick to sponge and bucket etc

Immassuming the correct method really is to foam then rinse and then wash
/ wax etc

Im not going to be polishing the life out the car etc just want it looking ok for use.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Stick to a pre spray with something like autofinesse citrus power, works a lot better IMO. Have been trying it diluted 1:1 with water and is still working fairly well

I'd say no personally, I used mine once and it's now just sitting in the garage. As Dave said, pre sprays work better.

Honda & VW
Worth it if you're keen on looking after your car as it's a cleaning aid which helps prevent marking the paint through constant cleaning. Although as you just said the words "stick to sponge and bucket" I'm guessing you are not too interested in cleaning it 'properly' and or 'safely'.

So in answer to your question..... No!!!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd say yes just from the point of view of laziness and geting a reasonable job with minimal effort, Ive used the one my mrs has and the good thing about it is that the detergent gets to stay on the much for longer, so after a few mins its really started to break the muck down and you can just jetwash it off again and get a reasonable finish without actually needing to touch the car.
Obviously more to it than that if you want to properly clean your car, but for a quick once over its great IME.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'd say yes just from the point of view of laziness and geting a reasonable job with minimal effort, Ive used the one my mrs has and the good thing about it is that the detergent gets to stay on the much for longer, so after a few mins its really started to break the muck down and you can just jetwash it off again and get a reasonable finish without actually needing to touch the car.
Obviously more to it than that if you want to properly clean your car, but for a quick once over its great IME.

Have a look for the detailing world thread of citrus power used and just power hosed off, its been linked before but ill find it again. As good as if not better results than using a snow foam. I only ever use snow foam now when I'm in the rinsing stages of de contaikination. As part of a routine wash its more of a gimmick than actually 'better' than normal pre sprays

For what they cost, and the fact you already have a pressure washer, then yes I would say its worth it, detailing enthusiast or not.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Have a look for the detailing world thread of citrus power used and just power hosed off, its been linked before but ill find it again. As good as if not better results than using a snow foam. I only ever use snow foam now when I'm in the rinsing stages of de contaikination. As part of a routine wash its more of a gimmick than actually 'better' than normal pre sprays

Wasnt trying to say there are no alternatives, was just saying that in my personal experience snowfoam seems to work a lot better than just a normal shampoo.

There are a million different valid ways to detail a car Im sure, but for a lazy and easy quick clean, the snowfoam works well I find :)