ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snow Foam Lance and Snow Foam?

FF Titanium 182
I can get a snow foam lance with a nilfisk fitment and 5L's of OCD Finish Snow Drift Snow Foam for £52 sound a good price? Good quality products i know that much. What have other people got or used?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
People need to start looking past how the foam looks, how thick it is or how long it sits in the paint. It is in no relation an indication of cleaning performance

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Tried a few bits from OCD, haven't been a fan of any of them..

Snowfoam is a bit of a waste of time really, much prefer a good prewash myself but I do like G-Techniq W4. Anything that's citrus infused will normally perform better in terms of cleaning ability.

FF Titanium 182
Yes i agree with that, but ive seen it in action before and it seems to do a very good job of cleaning. Autobrite magifoam anyone tried that? Alot of good reviews on it.

Tried a few bits from OCD, haven't been a fan of any of them..

Snowfoam is a bit of a waste of time really, much prefer a good prewash myself but I do like G-Techniq W4. Anything that's citrus infused will normally perform better in terms of cleaning ability.

What would you recommend as a pre-wash mate? something like AF citrus?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
What would you recommend as a pre-wash mate? something like AF citrus?

AF Citrus Power is good, I also really like G-Techniq Citrus W5.. It can be diluted up to 1:100 so is extremely coat effective and works very well.

Yes i agree with that, but ive seen it in action before and it seems to do a very good job of cleaning. Autobrite magifoam anyone tried that? Alot of good reviews on it.

Far too thick IMO, and just clings to the car for too long.. You only want it to dwell for a few minutes so it softens the dirt, It makes a complete mess of your driveway so you end up having to wash all the foam away after cleaning the car. Far too much hassle and the cleaning power is particularly great either.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
As above, citrus power is a brilliant pre wash. When I get paid again I'll be investing in 5l of cp and 5l of auto finesse Avalanche. I tested a bit and found it alright. There wasn't enough in the sample to play around with dilutions though so I'm going to get more.

The best way to use a pre wash like cp though is to cover the car in a foam, then use a bottle of pre wash to go around doing the nooks, crannies and shuts. Agitate with a soft brush and rinse everything away.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
As above, citrus power is a brilliant pre wash. When I get paid again I'll be investing in 5l of cp and 5l of auto finesse Avalanche. I tested a bit and found it alright. There wasn't enough in the sample to play around with dilutions though so I'm going to get more.

The best way to use a pre wash like cp though is to cover the car in a foam, then use a bottle of pre wash to go around doing the nooks, crannies and shuts. Agitate with a soft brush and rinse everything away.

Avalanche works really well with a capful of Verso thrown in, especially at this time of the year.

Honda & VW
AM Details Foam is brilliant if you ask me, another fond favourite currently is 'Drift' snow foam from Frost Car Care

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I use chemical guys no touch sf currently and i love it. Doesn't look as pretty as autobrite but the cleaning power is incredible. I'll upload some photos when I'm on my laptop later

Forgot about No-Touch, decent stuff that.. Haven't used it in a while!

Chemical Guys - No-touch snowfoam in action.

My car hadn't been cleaned in two weeks (last time I did it was just before Christmas) and I'd been out in the snow etc so my car was ditched. It was very windy yesterday hence the ripples in the foam on my car

Got myself a new lance as the oem karcher one I had was shocking.

16001055068_f68e523e95_b.jpg
Chemical Guys Snow Foam by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

15568689193_1e608b906d_b.jpg

15566103214_2b09ee6a1a_b.jpg

16002430199_8c0c2de037_b.jpg

And then this is after I washed the snowfoam off, I hadn't used a mit/shampoo etc, just snow foamed then washed it off.

16002422809_66b81fb0a8_b.jpg

15566085984_8bf16f513e_b.jpg

16002411139_db9edfb3df_b.jpg

Really impressed tbh and it's not a bad price for 5L.

FF Titanium 182
Chemical Guys - No-touch snowfoam in action.

My car hadn't been cleaned in two weeks (last time I did it was just before Christmas) and I'd been out in the snow etc so my car was ditched. It was very windy yesterday hence the ripples in the foam on my car

Got myself a new lance as the oem karcher one I had was shocking.

16001055068_f68e523e95_b.jpg

15568689193_1e608b906d_b.jpg

15566103214_2b09ee6a1a_b.jpg

16002430199_8c0c2de037_b.jpg

And then this is after I washed the snowfoam off, I hadn't used a mit/shampoo etc, just snow foamed then washed it off.

16002422809_66b81fb0a8_b.jpg

15566085984_8bf16f513e_b.jpg

16002411139_db9edfb3df_b.jpg

Really impressed tbh and it's not a bad price for 5L.

That looks really impressive mate, good price aswell 2bh, where you get your lance from? Good quality?

FF Titanium 182
Yeah you will, the one I've linked is a nilfisk one, but it may not be the correct fitment for yours so just check the listing!
Cheers mate! Ive dropped them a message anyway make sure i get the right one, how does the No-Touch compare to the others you have had for the money? Really good price for 5L comparing to some others

FF Titanium 182
It's the best I've used tbh!

My friend bought ValetPro Advanced Neutral and a lance at the same time as me, and the Chemical Guys appears to have a better cleaning power

Okay nice i think im guna give some of it a go! Do you use a grit guard or a two bucket wash method btw mate? Seems like your defo into your detailing

Okay nice i think im guna give some of it a go! Do you use a grit guard or a two bucket wash method btw mate? Seems like your defo into your detailing

Use two bucket yeah, but don't bother with a grit guard as the mit doesn't got near the bottom of the bucket!

This is what the car looks like when the weather is better!

14916802188_2feec1f9fb_b.jpg
Reflection by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

14916674229_9405b06087_b.jpg
Clean by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

15518553225_676bc20a22_b.jpg
PFC Expo-18 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr

FF Titanium 182
Use two bucket yeah, but don't bother with a grit guard as the mit doesn't got near the bottom of the bucket!

This is what the car looks like when the weather is better!

14916802188_2feec1f9fb_b.jpg
Reflection by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

14916674229_9405b06087_b.jpg
Clean by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

15518553225_676bc20a22_b.jpg
PFC Expo-18 by Dan Jenks, on Flickr
Beautiful example that is! Really makes me want to get some turinis on mine, do you use wax or sealents on tht? Also do you know how to access the discount codes for us on here? Guna see where i can get the foam for cheapest

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Is it equally as good as the G-Techniq W4? Seems cheaper so might try the No-Touch to get the hang of it at first

I haven't used NT for quite a while but it was very good from what I remember.. I generally prefer citrus infused snow-foams as they normally cut through grime more effectively and it saves you using a prewash aswell but I would expect the difference to be marginal anyway.

W4 is my go-to snow foam at the moment, it really is excellent but it is a little more expensive in comparison to others on the market.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Beautiful example that is! Really makes me want to get some turinis on mine, do you use wax or sealents on tht? Also do you know how to access the discount codes for us on here? Guna see where i can get the foam for cheapest

I normally use Dom at Shop'nShine for Chemical Guys stuff, use DA10 for 10% off. Dom is excellent if you need any help!

Cheers mate, not sure on the new forum tbh as I haven't used any!

I normally use Dom at Shop'nShine for Chemical Guys stuff, use DA10 for 10% off. Dom is excellent if you need any help!

Think he has 15% off until Sunday, discount code NEWYEAR.

Dom is really helpful, it's a bonus that shop'n'shine is only a 10 min drive from my house!

FF Titanium 182
Ahhh that sucks then hes out of stock of the No-Touch il have to email him see when hes gettint it back in!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
pH doesn't always indicate whether it's wax safe, but it's always nice to have pH neutral

AF citrus power is pH 13? So high alkali and is very wax safe, never had it shorten or affect any LSP

FF Titanium 182
What other factors affect it then? Aslong as its pH neutral with no gloss enhancers etc. Surely it shouldnt strip or affect any waxes? But it does state by chemical guys its wax safe also