ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snow Damage! HELP! :'(

Non Sport Megane
Take a Fast car add a 19 year old male, some snow, and a corner = DISASTER and a collision into a concrete pole! :'(

Ruined my front bumper guys!

bumper4.jpg

bumper3.jpg

bumper2.jpg

bumper1.jpg

What the damage going to be to my bank balance for a new front bumper? im hoping my headlight will be okay?!

im absolutely gutted that this has happened!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nowt to do with the car.. it's the person in charge ;) It would have happened if you were driving your Nan's Micra if the circumstances were the same (speed etc) too.

Never mind. Live and learn... You're OK.. the car could be worse... don't worry about it ! Look at getting some winter tyres ;)

(Is that enough can'o'wormz opened yet?)

:approve:

Non Sport Megane
il give them a ring on my lunch break 2moro, yeah wasnt going that fast like 10-15mph, the air bags didnt even go off, still pissed off though! only had the car about a month! ):

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Sorry to see your misfortune.. most of us have been there at some point though, just learn from the experience. It could have been worse etc etc..

I have a spare one here Michael. It's in Titanium, but you'd be looking at getting it painted any way I imagine.

Talk to me :)

Damage to wallet - a hundred or two for a second hand bumper, a bit more if it needs spraying.

Damage to insurance premium if someone else/council want to claim from your insurance - £500 or so if you don't claim only notify. £1000 (and thus losing your pride & joy) ish if you loose NCB.

Crashing an RS at 19 sucks. Crashing a 1.2, scary, makes you think twice. Crashing an RS at 19 = about 5 years to get your insurance premium back on track and to afford insurance on another quick car...

Black 172
I've had snow damage too... I woke up, cleared the windscreen and there's a crack in it... FFS! There wasn't even a stonechip there before.

Ring renparts on here or spray shack, they can get you a brand new one sprayed and sent to you.

Cheers for the mention matey :)

Yep ph1 bumpers are crazy expensive, BRAND NEW (BARE) Ph1 front bumper £810 sprayed from us........part alone is RRP £720

Depending on condition, £150 - £200 to spray a used one, depending on condition and colour required.

Cheers,
Si

Put a wanted thread up for a new front bumper and have a look in the for sale section, some quite cheap in there. Then if it's not black go driving round (carefully this time :p) to local car painters and ask them how much to spray it for cash.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
keep eye on the for sale, usually a Ph1 being broken every week or so, just be quick to snap up the bumper and then off to your local bodyshop for a cash in hand spray