ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snetterton 300 in M3 Evo track car following a Ferrari 430 challenge race car

172 Cup
I'm new here and have recently bought a 172 Cup for daily use and track fun. Anyway, thought I'd share with you what I've been playing around in for the last few years. This is a video from Snetterton on Thursday in the car my best mate and I built together. Trying my hardest (and failing miserably) to keep with a Ferrari 430 Challenge car.

Last edited by a moderator:
  BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Alright Tommy. Are you a member on bmwforum with similar username? Geoff Steel M3 engine in 328?

If so very nice! And welcome along to cliosport:) these Clio's are pretty good fun on track by the way:)

172 Cup
Alright Tommy. Are you a member on bmwforum with similar username? Geoff Steel M3 engine in 328?

If so very nice! And welcome along to cliosport:) these Clio's are pretty good fun on track by the way:)

Hi there. Yep that's me :D And, yeah, I'm looking forward to taking the Clio on track but there's some remedial work required first. I took the car to Mark Fish last week and they shifted the engine as much as they could (due to knocking and rubbing sounds!) but they're still there when you really give it some so I'm deliberating over all new OEM mounts or Vibratecnic.

172 Cup
Nice bit of peddling what the spec of the car? That gear leaver would do my tits in.

The car started as a 328i when we bought it 4 and a half years ago with the immediate intention of being a track car so straight off it had GAZ suspension, weld in cage designed and built by SHP Engineering, Performance Friction brake pads, Corbeau buckets, inlet manifold and throttle body mods (producing circa 220bhp) and other stuff.

DSC_3833w.jpg

It weighed 1277kg with a full tank of fuel and my mate Chris did a lap of the Ring in 8:24 on a track day in November 2008

At some point it got a respray in BMW Laguna Seca Blue.

IMGP2693.jpg

Later again, it got aero:

IMGP2849.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Cup
Then around 2 years ago it had a major redevelopment:

Geoff Steel Racing built 3.2 M3 Evo engine with carbon airbox and mapped by Wayne Schofield - 351 bhp
KW Clubsport suspension
E9x M Diff with 3.64 final drive
Chassis and diff carrier reinforcement
Eibach ARBs
and lots of other stuff including the rose jointed short shift ;)

Another year later and a fire extinguisher and other race related items were fitted so we were able to race the car in the MSV Trackday Trophy last year. We only entered 2 races and I only did one of them. In both cases we won class A.

P1000121.jpg

P1000951-1.jpg

199083_10150112701070967_615290966_6705590_6381858_n.jpg

P1000984.jpg

_MG_1812-vi.jpg

Last edited: