ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snaps of lusty - under enhanced lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I took some snaps of lusty in an under ground car park, which has lights all around and shows the array of colours to their best effect. I just took them very quickly and could have got even better ones had I taken more time over it.

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00576.jpg

DSC00574.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

I love it in this car park. The looks on people faces as I drive through are absolutely priceless. As the lights are all around it changes colour constantly with every tiny movement. It's funny seeing peoples jaws drop as they see her coming towards them changing colour every second. :)

wait and see ;)
got to admit its looks like its been done to an extremely good quality... the paint job looks awesome, but its just the whole body kitted big wheels and chav spoiler that lets it down but its your car and you drive it no1 else so its up to what you do with it mate

Porsche Boxster987S
got to admit its looks like its been done to an extremely good quality... the paint job looks awesome, but its just the whole body kitted big wheels and chav spoiler that lets it down but its your car and you drive it no1 else so its up to what you do with it mate

agree with that. the paintwork does look cool

Lupo GTI
Colour's crazy, not to my taste though, but it looks like its good quality so I can't knock it.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
needs to be a diff colour now, Flip paints run its course now, It looks very fated

However it Does look a decent paint job, Its just "too bolt on" for me, And The paint job is doing no favours.

Just looks to me like someone has saw a picture of a Clio bodykitted and wanted to just copy the picture, Rather than thought gone into it, Theres nothing unique or custom about it, It just seems a rush job with no thought or owner input.

However, Looks a good job!

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
saw an 08 mini in this colour last week, must have been an expensive option, good work on the clio btw but not my cuppa.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
For example, You could have had the swage lines filled out of the standard rear bumper ( I believe you have just added a splitter to the standard bumper, not an after market bumper as such).

You could have had the wing smoothed into the stock wing and the thing that lets the car down the most is the side skirts have not been flushed in. They just look like they have been glued on (which they have).

I'd have smoothed out the rear tailgate light and had led light bolts, and smoothed the screw holes out above the exhaust.

I like the fact the wings have had the indicators removed though, Nice touch, ITs just the skirts not been smoothed in really let it down IMO.

However, All that would have maybe been an extra £1k on the labour bill so...

crazy clio:

firstly the colour looks faded because the pics were taken in my camera phone. The colour is much bolder and stronger in real life.

Also it's hardly been a rushed job. Over 2 years have gone into doing it up, adding bits etc and not just copied someone else. If you can find another clio which looks exactly like mine then i'll give you 100 quid.
Unfortunately I dont have money coming out of my ar*ehole, and so couldn't afford major custom work (apart from the paint). I also wanted the bodywork to be stuff which has been designed for the car and not tamper with making non clio stuff fit etc to reduce the chance of complications occuring. This is a daily drive at the end of the day and not a show car that I use as a second car.

You are talking to me like you are something special and know everything about modifying, and everyone else work is sh*t. All this talk of "you've just stuck a splitter on the back, the sides are just stuck on" etc. Well maybe thats how I wanted it from the start and dont like the idea of smoothing everything in.

edit: those are not screw holes above the exhaust. Their part of the design of the splitter.

Last edited:
Looks like a quality paint job, just not to my taste.

Personally, I think flip paint is dated, almost every mag feature had it 5+years ago. Most custom paint jobs now are single tone, clean and smooth.

Each to their own, or we'd all have anthrite (sp) turini alloys, and Cup packs.

C

Cupster

imho, you spent all this cash and time then stick 5 quids worth of wheels on the thing!? OTT colour, OTT styling but bland rims!

The body styling defo is not to my taste but +1 for the effort and bravery to step outside the box.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
lol @ all the "it looks well done" comments.

I suppose most people with sense have stayed away:dapprove:

Seeing as I'm here though,

It looks foul. It conjours up similar emotions to that of the thought of Bianca Butcher's growler..

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
change the rims mate. they look a lil cheap no offence jsut coz the rest of the car hs obv had alot of money spent on it. not to my taste but looks good fella

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
lololol, You have got ther wrong end of the stick Ed, Wasnt criticising, Thats how you wanted thats what you got. I was just saying it all looks a little "stuck on" And gave an opinion ofwhat I would have done, Peronally, I'd have saved money on the paint and had a reglar colour and paid extra for some custom bodywork. Thats just me, Wasn't criticsing, If your happy, Your happy.

I didnt mean faded, I meant Dated, It was all the rage 5 years ago, And just looks tacky now.

However, I will say the paint job has been pulled off extremely well in deed, I just wish you had chose another colour....

I wont comment on the rims as you may get upset!

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Some good bits, my favourite are: Mirrors, side-skirts and splitters. Funky paint job too...

182-racing-blue

My ex had an MG TF(now stolen/written off) in the same paint scheme. Looked gash. But she loved it.

TVR's suit this paint job, thats it. end of.

J03

MX5 1.8
looks really nice and immaculate :) normally cars with bodykits like yours always have nakerd front splitters and the bonnet looks like its been pebble dashed. but uve really taken care of your moto by looks!

"ClioSport is a club for all Clios. Whether you have a 1991 Clio 1.2 or 2008 RenaultSport 197. ClioSport caters for all.

With a large welcoming forum community full of people ready to give help, advice and opinions you'll never be stuck for someone to chat to about your pride and joy"

some people just dont make this forum welcome at all..

Never above 25mpg
Glad you didnt flush the boot.. one good thing from me haha

Still find the thing ghastly and ugly tbh but it's not my car so no point in moaning ;)

You done much to the interior?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
People jaws probably drop because of their amazement at your bravery in stepping out in that thing.

Time to move on from the flip paint job and get a car that looks good IMHO.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
"ClioSport is a club for all Clios. Whether you have a 1991 Clio 1.2 or 2008 RenaultSport 197. ClioSport caters for all.

With a large welcoming forum community full of people ready to give help, advice and opinions you'll never be stuck for someone to chat to about your pride and joy"

It doesn't mean people have to say a car looks good when they don't think it does, people are entitled to an opinion, and people are entitled to voice it.

Isn't that the whole idea behind a forum?

Clio v6
My ex had an MG TF(now stolen/written off) in the same paint scheme. Looked gash. But she loved it.

TVR's suit this paint job, thats it. end of.

Why I like lustys Clio. Old fashioned TVR style copy. Fashion has a habit of going full circle. :approve:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Nissan primera colour copy FTL,
looks like a good job, not to keen on th Badboy stickers!! lol

Still find the thing ghastly and ugly tbh but it's not my car so no point in moaning ;)

just got some custom mats, and about 500 quid on ice (just stereo atm).

I was very very close to having the entire dash re-built with custom dials, leather buckets etc. However in the end partly due to financial reasons I decided not to. But also because I wanted to leave a bit of room for the next owner to do some of their own modifications to it, as i'm guessing the next owner will be a young lad who is into modifying.

p.s. I'm not bothered if some of you dont like it. I'm not taking any offense, it's just your opinion.

btw it's not a primera colour copy and altho it looks similar to others, the paint is actually custom as the bodyshop took the flip paint and added some stuff to increase the array and adjust the shade of colours.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

just got some custom mats, and about 500 quid on ice (just stereo atm).

I was very very close to having the entire dash re-built with custom dials, leather buckets etc. However in the end partly due to financial reasons I decided not to. But also because I wanted to leave a bit of room for the next owner to do some of their own modifications to it, as i'm guessing the next owner will be a young lad who is into rimming

p.s. I'm not bothered if some of you dont like it. I'm not taking any offense, it's just your opinion.

btw it's not a primera colour copy and altho it looks similar to others, the paint is actually custom as the bodyshop took the flip paint and added some stuff to increase the array and adjust the shade of colours.

I think a normal clio with flip paint would look pretty cool if done correctly.

However this ones a little "too much happening" for my liking.

182-racing-blue

It doesn't mean people have to say a car looks good when they don't think it does, people are entitled to an opinion, and people are entitled to voice it.

Isn't that the whole idea behind a forum?

+1

surely you must realise that not only are they looking at the changing colours, but they are thinking 'what the hell has he done to that'?

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
so much blood sweat and tears has gone into that and oh yeah and money! top quality workmanship, it's all got a great finish to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.